Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose......... Left the name out and you be the judge of was I being unreasonable?

To:
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 10:33 AM
Subject: broken down freedom 3 plus

From the land of the Bluenose…..a few years back you serviced my Freedom 3 Plus machines which once again need repairing as the sound is gone along with the constant chattering.

Just wondering what the price would be to repair 2 of them if I sent four and asked for the two best back. Is there a reduction for enclosing the two extra machines for parts? Have an almost brand new on one the way but there is no other machine for this bouy. Last time too you added a red light to one and this is not required. If you have a Freedom 3 Plus for sale....that would be even better!

If the cost is around $275 to $300 taxes and such included I’ll send them. Last time seemed a bit high for the amount of time before they broke down…..about 2 months.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie A. Sarkany

Here is the reply.

If we are too high, then send them somewhere else for repair. All over the Internet all they can talk about is how fair price we are in our repair. I'm sure if you check, you can find someone somewhere to repair them for you instead of us. Good Luck. Joe Smith, owner

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose......... Left the name out and you be the judge of was I being unreasonable?

To:
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 10:33 AM
Subject: broken down freedom 3 plus

From the land of the Bluenose…..a few years back you serviced my Freedom 3 Plus machines which once again need repairing as the sound is gone along with the constant chattering.

Just wondering what the price would be to repair 2 of them if I sent four and asked for the two best back. Is there a reduction for enclosing the two extra machines for parts? Have an almost brand new on one the way but there is no other machine for this bouy. Last time too you added a red light to one and this is not required. If you have a Freedom 3 Plus for sale....that would be even better!

If the cost is around $275 to $300 taxes and such included I’ll send them. Last time seemed a bit high for the amount of time before they broke down…..about 2 months.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie A. Sarkany

Here is the reply.

If we are too high, then send them somewhere else for repair. All over the Internet all they can talk about is how fair price we are in our repair. I'm sure if you check, you can find someone somewhere to repair them for you instead of us. Good Luck. Joe Smith, owner
From my understanding you were simply stating that considering you only got two months out of em that was a high price to pay. Where the repairs not under some kind of guarantee ?.

Mr Smith needs to be more diplomatic in his approach to customers that's for certain. Perhaps hes forgotten word of mouth can make or break a company.

He could of and should have made some kinda deal that was beneficial to both parties.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Ouch! You were reasonable and much nicer than most would have been since you only had 2 months service out of last repair, him on the other hand what an asshat! I would take my business and money to someone else.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though you may have had Cause,
I Think you were Both a Little short with each other.

You gave a little attitude,
He responded with Attitude in Return.

But that's just My take.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Even though you may have had Cause,
I Think you were Both a Little short with each other.

You gave a little attitude,
He responded with Attitude in Return.

But that's just My take.

To me it doesn't sound like Leslie was giving attitude considering that the last repair only lasted 2 months and he was still willing to do business with this individual. Sounds like he was giving the owner a chance to make things right and keep his business but got snubbed instead.
Shane

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stop doing business with whom ever immediately, his approach is clear. Profit over service. Apparently the repair work was not quality and sounds like his customer service. It was nice of you to hide his name, but others deserve fair warning of shotty work. My .02

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Yes a heads up as to who is providing you with such shoddy service would be nice and Im sure someone on here prolly knows him or he may be on here also and just maybe seeing how this could harm his bottom line he just might make amends to you for the last repair that only lasted 2 months. My tesoro has never been in the shop, did have to pack it in rice last week to dry it out but works great again. Its over 7 years old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread