Metal Detecting

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hunt with a guy who has found plenty of everything you described with his 250! I would say stick with it, its a good machine!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ace 250 should do just fine for what you're searching for.

For jewelry, you can only discriminate out iron if you want gold. Any more discrimination than that and you start losing jewlery.

You'll be digging a lot of junk as a result, but there's no avoiding that.

HARRASS

Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria
Detector(s) used
2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
There is nothing wrong with the Treasure Ace 250. I have one as a back-up and for someone starting out. I use the analogy in motorcycles. My first bike was a 90cc Honda (I loved that machine), then a 250 cc kow, then a 550 Yamaha, then a Harley Sportster. Each one was better than the previous one, however I soon learned their limitations. The same with metal detectors. The 250 is great in parks and other areas where a coin dropped 20 years ago might be only an inch down in the ground. However, at a beach along the ocean the same item could be down a foot or more. A 250 can go in areas my expensive machines can’t, such as playground equipment. I have one machine with a 16.5” coil that I can not turn on in a room. It won’t shut up. Stick with the 250 and learn its limitations and get what you want in the next machine. Most of my machines have paid for themselves. Besides, when you invite someone to go with you it is nice to have a back-up machine. Good luck and I hope this while help you.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look in the Annual Finds forum 2010, I have my Ace 250 finds posted there.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
for a bit more ($67) at $279 -- look at the delta 4000 by teknetics * it has a 0 to 99 numbers type display vs the lesser amount of "blocks" on the 250 * which forces the 250 to co mingle both good and bad signals into 1 shared block --(which forces you to "dig it all "- like it or not to get the good stuff ) --with the delta's superior sorting ability you will dig up less trash so your actual hunting time will more productive because you will be wasting less time and effort on junk -- no machine is perfect * but the delta 4000 vs the ace 250 is not even close -- ps I do own both machines and will state in my veiw the delta 4000 for a bit more money is the better buy -- but i still use the 250 as a loaner / back up.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will like the little ace250...Just google it & see how well its loved!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread