2012 beach vacation...

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just found myself planning my 2012 summer vacation around a beach trip and doing some metal detecting on that beach. (started metal detecting about 3 months ago + never detected on a beach before).

I can't tell my GF that is one of the considerations of going to the beach, but it is ;-) She just likes sitting on the beach and reading all day...LOL

I thought of heading down to Outer Banks, NC where I used to go for vacation years ago and rent a beachhouse. I remember the beach being VERY open. Open enough that I had my Jeep Wrangler on the beach and we made bonfires at night, so it should be OK metal detecting.

Anyone else have any advice on a good East Coast beach? and best time/month to go metal detecting on the beach?

my criteria is:
-have 1 week vacation.
-prefer beach house, but hotel is OK
-I plan on driving (from Indiana, PA) and taking all my gear/detectors
-looking for a open beach without hassle/trouble
-Florida might be too far from PA but East Coast I have done before
-not sure of taking metal detectors on a plane(?) and I hate to check them, as I have had golf clubs stolen by airline employees before.

thanks in advance for the suggestions

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good hunting drysand, wetsand and deep...OCMD July to mid Sept............Virginia Beach, Atlantic City, Myrtle Beach...All great hunting.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The farther south the better. Get the G/F a detector too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread