Cache detector suggestions appreciated

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Hi all. I've always been impressed with the experts here and would like some advice. I bought a department store detector several years ago that suited a hunt I was on at the time. Now, I need to make sure I'm armed with adequate technology. I'm searching cellar holes that may include the homestead of a wealthy colonial era individual. Target: a small chest or keg of gold coin. Assumptions: chest deep at the time, with cellar filled in a few more feet with debris since then. Add an error margin to that and we're in the ten foot range. Such a target could easily be missed by the coin shooters. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GaBnn3 said:
Hi all. I've always been impressed with the experts here and would like some advice. I bought a department store detector several years ago that suited a hunt I was on at the time. Now, I need to make sure I'm armed with adequate technology. I'm searching cellar holes that may include the homestead of a wealthy colonial era individual. Target: a small chest or keg of gold coin. Assumptions: chest deep at the time, with cellar filled in a few more feet with debris since then. Add an error margin to that and we're in the ten foot range. Such a target could easily be missed by the coin shooters. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The poor man's ground penetrating radar technology is called a backhoe.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You are in 2Box territory. There is a lot of small trash like nails from the building which the 2Box won't detect. It will detect a box or keg of gold coins to about 12'. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread