Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
When Spain want's to claim shipwrecks in the US ,i really think we should ask why & laugh! The more i research about the Indians in the U.S. around the time of the Spanish conquest ,the more i notice the tribes with gold - Chains /nose rings /ear plugs /hawk bells , just like Columbus explained . Some artifacts were ancient at the time of attack in the 1500s stolen from the graves of the dead , so really who should lay claim?If some ships came from other parts of the world & landed on the shore's of America -i hate it for ya! It now belongs to America :coffee2:

Attachments

• de-bry_le-moyne_titlepage-1591.jpg
    de-bry_le-moyne_titlepage-1591.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 873
  • casas3.jpg
    casas3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 876
  • christ1.jpg
    christ1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 936
  • smith18a.jpg
    smith18a.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • db184cu.jpg
    db184cu.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 992
  • las casas indian deaths.jpg
    las casas indian deaths.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 908
  • smith18a.jpg
    smith18a.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 925
  • christ1.jpg
    christ1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 880
  • casas3.jpg
    casas3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 768
  • de-bry_le-moyne_titlepage-1591.jpg
    de-bry_le-moyne_titlepage-1591.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 786
  • db184cu.jpg
    db184cu.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 836
  • las casas indian deaths.jpg
    las casas indian deaths.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 854
  • Bartolome_Las_Casas-Bild2.jpg
    Bartolome_Las_Casas-Bild2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 991

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RELICDUDE07 said:
When Spain want's to claim shipwrecks in the US ,i really think we should ask why & laugh! The more i research about the Indians in the U.S. around the time of the Spanish conquest ,the more i notice the tribes with gold - Chains /nose rings /ear plugs /hawk bells , just like Columbus explained . Some artifacts were ancient at the time of attack in the 1500s stolen from the graves of the dead , so really who should lay claim?If some ships came from other parts of the world & landed on the shore's of America -i hate it for ya! It now belongs to America :coffee2:
no it doesn't in my opinion it belongs to the descendants of the Indians in the U.S.

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Yes True ---- but Spain's no way ....Funny part about some of the 16th century pics,like the second one down.These Indians built towns , can see the structures in the back-it's just like the town cortes invaded & turned into santa crux. So was is it really mexico? :laughing7:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
An interesting topic. Spanish spoils from the New World would have to be returned to the tribes under NAGPRA. Apparently that would include gold and silver ornaments, as well as other artifacts. I wonder if NAGPRA also refers to valuables taken by the various churches, including the Catholic Church and Vatican treasures?

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
The more i dig into the history ,the more i see what was really going on..The English had the trade in 1 area -the Spanish had Florida - the french had Mississippi Louisiana .A lot of the treasure in the 16th & 17th century was stolen right from the coast of America........The London Company (also called the Charter of the Virginia Company of London) was an English joint stock company established by royal charter by James I of England on April 10, 1606 with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.[1]
The territory granted to the London Company included the coast of North America from the 34th parallel (Cape Fear) north to the 41st parallel (in Long Island Sound), but being part of the Virginia Company and Colony, the London Company owned a large portion of Atlantic and Inland Canada. The company was permitted by its charter to establish a 100-square-mile (260 km2) settlement within this area. The portion of the company's territory north of the 38th parallel was shared with the Plymouth Company, with the stipulation that neither company found a colony within 100 miles (161 km) of each other.

Attachments

• eeeeeeeeeee.png
    eeeeeeeeeee.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 504
OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
This 1 that cracks me up the most! (Casa de Contratación) Although the Casa de Contratación was not located in a specific building :laughing7: .......O.k. lets just govern all the trade & tax in the new world from Spain we will get updates 1 day when the ships come home, we can build forts in Florida in the 1500s, but we will call none the Casa de Contratacion :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread