pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machine are you getting? I personally love the sun-ray pinpointers if they make one for your machine that is the one I would get

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
White's Bullseye II is the best ever. I've beaten mine up on rocks, dropped it in wet mud, it's beat up bad, I've had it for 4 years, and it's still going strong, light still works, sound is still loud, button works, and of course the pinpoint probe part still works flawlessly.

I've used others, and this is the one for me.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have the Whites Bullseye and the Harbor freight pinpointers. They both work great. The Bullseye is 10 years old and came with my XLT and the Harbor Freight is is over a year old and cost me $16. Others, you pay extra for the hype and nothing more. Frank

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garrett Propointer without a doubt. If I had a detector that was as good as this pinpointer I'd never try another. I have no financial connection with Garrett and just wanted to pass along the heartiest recommendation I can make about this one piece of equipment. I hunt with my son and we share the one we have, but I'm thinking I need to get another one because he's always walking away with it. He has a pinpointer of his own, but its not a Propointer, so I'll need to get him too.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the Wizard Vib Probe for years. I have two of them and they are tough little units. You can get one shipped to you for about $38 at samplerewards.com . Here's an info page about them: http://wizind.com/flyers/Probe_Wizard_Data_Sheet.pdf
I don't have any connection to either organization, I just can't see paying $100 or more for a pinpointer. The Vib Probe detection depth is adjustable, but probably not to the distance some of the really expensive ones are, but my detector work gets me close enough to the target, so why pay the extra for what seems to be just a smaller detector?! I prefer a 1 inch or less detection range, so I know exactly where the target is. That's why they are "pinpointers".
But the Vib Probe may not look "cool" enough to suit you either...... but I have fun with it. I carry mine cross draw style in a pistol holster. ;D

billybo

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtte
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a Garrett pinpointed, great one. Got it from Amazon for $127.00 bones.
Cheeers !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gylnne said:
Good day to everyone.

I have my first detector on the way to me and will
receive it tomorrow.

My next purchase from the guides I have read would
be a pinpointer.

Would appreciate suggestions on a pinpointer for a
newbie in the $100 to $300 dollar range.

Thanks!

Curtis

Hi Curtis! The guys gave you some great tips. Here's mine. I started detecting in 1977. I have never owned a pinpointer, other than my right hand, which has no rings on it. I dig the plug, or pick out the caliche if I'm gold nugget hunting, and then use my detector to tell me if the target is out of the hole. I scoop the dirt with my hand or a plastic scoop and run it in front of the coil, done. As fast - or faster than a piece of equipment most old-timers have no use for. Just another point of view, that's all! :headbang:

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
IMHO the best pinpointer out there is the Uniprobe by Detector Pro. It has the probe on a coiled cord and since it is an induction probe, I get about 3-4" of range from the probe to the target. Not many of the others can touch it.

HH

Daryl

OP
OP
gylnne

gylnne

Nov 2, 2011
Edna, Kansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all the comments.

And Terry appreciate yours also as old ways are not always a bad thing. ;D

Curtis

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are 2 that I recommend that work very good. I use the Detector Pro Pistol probe. The second, which I have also used is the Garrett Pro pointer. Both are in your budget. Those two are the best. Let me know if you need one!

Toll Free
855-966-3563

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread