Underwater salt water metal detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
merman said:
HI,

I have been reading about all the rules and regulations of metal detecting on land. Where could I find laws for the ocean. I know the Feds are trying to destroy this hobby. Do they have separate laws for the ocean. Any help would be appreciated....

Hello from White Plains, New York! States have different rules and regulations, permits and fees. It is incumbent upon you to be aware of them. Federal exclusion zones do exist, including naval gunnery ranges... I'm sure there are a dozen experts on this forum that can answer specific questions on salvage laws and so forth - Good Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG00239-20110627-0728.jpg
    IMG00239-20110627-0728.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 705

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Look up Riparian water rights on the state you live within. Most states it is, navigability waters are free and clear of use by anyone, up to the Hightide line. Historical areas best to check with the local Authorities.................. What state do you plan on hunting the water in?

OP
OP
M

merman

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OldeBeechnut said:
Look up Riparian water rights on the state you live within. Most states it is, navigability waters are free and clear of use by anyone, up to the Hightide line. Historical areas best to check with the local Authorities.................. What state do you plan on hunting the water in?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I live in CA. I was thinking to have a vacation around the Florida Keys. I will take a look at Riparian water rights. Any other advice would be great

Thanks again

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well since you're from ca, here's the ca "reality": All the beaches here (yes even to down in the water) are huntable. With the exception of a few federal stretches - which are very few beaches). So go ahead & knock yourself silly ;)

Now of course this is just "the reality". Naturally. .......... If you asked enough questions. ... of enough bureaucrats, of course you can find a "no" to ANY question.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread