The Fitzjeral Outlaw Gang

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
After doing some research Ive found a number of things: 1st no one has been spelling the name correct. 2 I thought I had a good idea of the area used as a hideout. So I spent the day out walking the area. I took a close look at a large area along a ridge with a near vertical rock face. There were many small crevices that a small child maybe able to wiggle into. No worries I would sacrifice my 2 boys, lol. The area was like the second pic that jeff in pa posted. The oddest thing that I found was small "sink hole" about 4' X 7'. It was at the top of the ridge just above the steep rock face. I'll try and post a pic.

So at these point, would someone with experience MD'ing like to partner up with me on this??? It is in the Coatesville area.

Thanks Jay

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank

It is that gang. I live in Coatesville at Hands pass. Ive found a few places to do some MD'ing but have some more rock formations to checkout. Since I am new to this it would be great to partner up with someone with MD'ing experience. The great thing is talking to some of the old timers in my area. They love talking about the good ole days.

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank

Sounds like your research put you on the east branch of the brandywine. And that would have put your location near exton/frazier. This location that Im working is on the western branch. It is somewhat developed on the hill tops, but all the rocky outcroppings Ive found are about 75% up the hillsides.

I was scouting again this evening with my son and found a few more promising sites. Once I get the pics off my phone I will upload them. One crevice I watched my son disappear momentarily while he turned around in what he called a small room. This week Im headed to the chester county historical society to find out when a railroad bed was built. We found where drilling was done for blasting. Im keeping my fingers crossed that it hasn't been done where the hideout would have been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread