STRANGEST FIND!!!!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago. A small rotting cloth bag with gold filled teeth in it. :o Found under a big tree in the woods, buried just a couple inches. I reburied it and moved on (gold was only about $300/oz then).

No I'm NOT going back to get it with gold being higher. :laughing7:

edit: Forgot the NOT above. :o

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sounds like the cache of a grave robber. Frank

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some false teeth one time. I did not keep them .

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Sounds like the cache of a grave robber. Frank

Could have been a grave robber Frank. :dontknow: Or a ritual or who knows what. Really creepy to me.
:help:

:D

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Diggin, If I were you, I would go back and put the bite on that bag. LOL Frank

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, does dumpster diving count? If so,,,,,,,,,,My sister who lives in Butte Mt. went diving one Jan. eve. Found a pretty heavy bag that felt like a bunch of diff. items. Threw it in the trunk and dived for an hour or so more. Got home and eventually got around to that bag. Yep,,some one had pooper scooped their frozen yard! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: I laughed so hard I cried,,gotta love my sis.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
That sounds like a lot of crap! LOL Frank

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Not the absolute strangest, but one of, from earlier this year:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,390021.0.html

Yeah, the tins were full of pop tarts, twizzlers and pudding, all about 10 years old....

Last year I found three mems in a triangle under some leaves on the surface. Another fainter signal came from beneath them. Dug it out, it was a twist tie on a couple plastic grocery bags. The bags were full of smashed mussels from the nearby river. Mussel shells and innards just wrapped up and hidden there very ceremonial-like.

A couple years ago I was in a remote wooded area near an old homesite. On a small rise in the woods there was a large flat rounded stone. Got a nice solid mid tone from under it. It was hard to move but at that spot in that setting who wouldn't check it out? After removing the stone and digging to the signal some 8" beneath it, I found a nice big ball of foil with a nail in it.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While detecting around an abandoned, junky house I swung my coil over a large, flat stone. Getting a very solid signal I became excited as I'd read that often treasure is hidden under stones etc. I was quite disappointed when I moved the stone, dug a bit and uncovered a rusty ring gear from an auto differential.
Luvsdux

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
dux, I hope you checked below the ringgear. Sometimes a decoy target is placed above the good one maybe a foot further down. Frank

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coal miners Blasting cap (still loaded) Yesssss I left it there !

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug a tiny sewn burlap bag that later revealed two tiny spanish silver coins. I had researched a little to discover it was a ritual for good luck when the people were married in places like Mexico. I tucked the coins back in the burlap sack, and reburied them.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working behind the sand dunes found A Marlboro box full condoms put them back as I did not ruin A guys or girls date. :headbang:

Jonnie

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Woodland, I think I would have kept the coins. The couple is probably long gone anyway. I am not much on returning good relics to the ground. The way I look at it is you freed the coins and brought them back to the light of day. Another piece of history that is not left rotting in the ground waiting for some archie. Besides that, they would look nice mounted on a plaque with that piece of history written below it. Just my opinion, Frank

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the strangest thing I ever found was a few years back. I was hunting a dog park, and spied a spongebob back pack in the bushes. When I opened it up it was filled with about a dozen "marital aids" (personal massagers?) Anyway I zipped it right back up and tossed it right back where it had been. I don't know, or want to know why it was there.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
I found some false teeth one time. I did not keep them .

My upper set that I dug sits on my desk.
They appear to be in better shape than my originals.
Reminds me to brush more often.
Carl

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the top mold of someone's teeth last year in a field. Very detailed. Made from Copper

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A woman's head. Was up at the lake a few years back and a deputy sheriff asked me to look for a woman's head buried in the sand of a beach. He said a lady found it and got scared so bad she couldn't relocate it. I found it and it was shallow with just a wisp of blond hair sticking out of the sand. Got a very weak signal and when the deputy carefully dug it up it was a blond wig stuffed full of trash. Some foil in the trash was what I was picking up. It looked real to me at first so I can see why the lady panicked.

Second place was a haunted dead cat. I dug it up under the front porch of a demolished house. It had a metal studded collar that was putting up a signal. I buried it back and the next morning it was back on top of the ground! I recovered and reburied that darn cat 4 times before it finally disappeared. Last time I put it back right in the same hole where I first dug it up and it stayed buried.... finally. I guess it just wanted to go home? Monty

tomisha

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
About 1 1/2 miles from McClain Springs I had a faint signal and dug. I recovered a brass belt buckle that resembled a Boy Scout belt buckle, but it did not have the insignia. I was about to cover the hole but scanned my old Bounty Hunter over it again and caught another meter blip, a few inches to the left. I dug, and the sand turned grey. BFO detectors give a broad range so I dug a wide hole. A few pieces of what I thought was wood turned out to be a rib cage. The signal was a 1918 Mercury Dime. Still in the pocket of a dead man. I contacted the rangers in Furnace Creek and they just laughed. "Lots of prospectors died out here during the depression years"
What may have been amusing to them, left a life long impression on me. I have't been back in 25 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread