TV Series - Looking for Hosts

heatherd

Nov 8, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey There,
I work for a TV production company in LA and we’re teaming up with a cable network to create a TV series about hunting and exploring. We’re looking for hosts to front the show and are hoping some of you might be interested in participating.

We’re looking for charismatic explorers or groups of treasure hunters that want to share their skill and passion with a wide audience.

We’re still developing the series and want our host/s to have a voice in that process. So let me know if you’re interested. I can tell you a lot more about our company and the series. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much!
Heather

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heatherd said:
Hey There,
I work for a TV production company in LA and we’re teaming up with a cable network to create a TV series about hunting and exploring. We’re looking for hosts to front the show and are hoping some of you might be interested in participating.

We’re looking for charismatic explorers or groups of treasure hunters that want to share their skill and passion with a wide audience.

We’re still developing the series and want our host/s to have a voice in that process. So let me know if you’re interested. I can tell you a lot more about our company and the series. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks so much!
Heather

Hi Heather! Website? Reality Check? Free candy? Anything?..

wayne_sa

Jun 30, 2009
san antonio
:hello2: ooh, ooh, pick me! I have a lot of ideas :laughing9:
Can my friends join in?
I want to call the show, the Tony Santonio and texastee show :hello2:.
How much will we be paid and when can we start? :icon_scratch: Will we have our own dressing rooms or do we share? :dontknow:
Please let me know ASAP as I am in a contractual agreement w/ Kim Kardashian until 12/31. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Heather and I look forward to hearing fom you. Have your girl call my girl @ 867-5309. Her name is Jenny.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry "Heather," this is not the way to do this. I suspect this could be bait by archies since this is also your first post as bait to see how many yahoo's this gets. :laughing7:

If this was a legitimate offer you would have given your contact numbers, more information and email addresses, but that is hidden in your brand new profile.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"something smells in Denmark......"

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Sorry "Heather," this is not the way to do this. I suspect this could be bait by archies since this is also your first post as bait to see how many yahoo's this gets. :laughing7:

If this was a legitimate offer you would have given your contact numbers, more information and email addresses, but that is hidden in your brand new profile.
i too think think this but do we get coffee and dougnuts :headbang:

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne_sa said:
:hello2: ooh, ooh, pick me! I have a lot of ideas :laughing9:
Can my friends join in?
I want to call the show, the Tony Santonio and texastee show :hello2:.
How much will we be paid and when can we start? :icon_scratch: Will we have our own dressing rooms or do we share? :dontknow:
Please let me know ASAP as I am in a contractual agreement w/ Kim Kardashian until 12/31. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Heather and I look forward to hearing fom you. Have your girl call my girl @ 867-5309. Her name is Jenny.
lol :headbang: :notworthy: :hello2: :laughing9: ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink: :D ;D :) :o :-[ :-\ ??? :icon_pirat: :laughing9: :hello2:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could do an entire action packed episode entitled ' My square nail finds in Colorado', which would end with my usual practice of releasing them back into the wild. Alas, I am cursed with a face that only radio could love. (867-5309!! Good one! I can't even think it without singing it.)

OP
OP
H

heatherd

Nov 8, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably didn't include enough information to make myself look very legitimate. Here is a link to our company's website where you can read more about our team and some of the series we produce: www.kineticcontent.com
Thanks!
Heather

OP
OP
H

heatherd

Nov 8, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard from a couple of people, which has been really helpful. Thanks so much to everyone that responded!
If you or anyone else you know has ever thought of hosting a show, I'd love to hear from you!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough crowd eh Heather?

Good luck with the new project. Maybe we'll see a T-Net star born. :hello2:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wouldn't fit in as I would scare the camera off. However, if y'all would work up somethin on 'The Cave With the Iron Door' in the Wichitas in SW Oklahoma, you wouldn't want for advisors and hosts. You film that, and I'd pay you to be an extra, shot from behind and way off in the distance, of course.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunters are a funny bunch. Some are as good at treasure hunting as they are at story telling, but alas most are not. ::)

Treasure hunting on the fly does not make good TV because most of it is boring disappointment after boring disappointment interspersed with the very occasional rip roaring excitement. And by occasional I mean 3 times a year. :tongue3:

I am not sure what heatherd has in mind but I hope its beneficial to our hobby. And by that I mean I hope it doesn't bring in a bunch of bad apples who think they are going to get rich from treasure hunting.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it'd probably be like a lot of the Loch Ness monster shows. '...well, we didn't find her this time, but...' It could provide an informative look at history and potentially present us in a good light, which might go a long ways towards openin up places to hunt. Like I said, if they did anything on the Wichita Mountains, as long as it was accurate, I would pay them just to let me be an extra in it. Too cool.

Oct 23, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This could be a door opener to gaining access to search properties. When you ask permission to search, some people think right away they have a Gold Mine and say no. Maybe this will show the reality that detecting is a lot of hard work and often not many finds, except innerpeace knowing you searched with high hopes of finding something valuable and getting plenty of exercise and saying: maybe next time, maybe next time, maybe next time! Like a gambler, it gets in your blood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread