Anyone heard of this detector? Raelar Turtle Totally Submersible Metal Detector

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a Turtle detector years ago and I think it was a VLF/TR. Either way if it is the same one it is near 30 yrs. old and not up to todays standards.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goverton said:
Raelar Turtle Totally Submersible Metal Detector

It looks in good condition and maybe cheap to purchase. Just not sure if it is any good.

Wasn't "Raelar Turtle " one of the Teenage Mutant Turtles? :laughing7: Seriously, fuhgitaboutit! :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't remember for sure but i think it was made by Tesoro..As a matter of fact i am pretty sure it was made by Tesoro........... You could call Tesoro and find out about it........Tesoro had a private lable agreement with a company called turtle that made under water detectors............The out side waterproof box was made by turtle.. But the inside was a Tesoro.............. So Tesoro i guess would still work on them...............And they had one called the Silver Turtle it was basically a water proofed Silver Saber.............

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,602

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Turtle detectors I ever saw were Silver Sabres modified and placed into waterproof boxes as Keppy says.

Think they were supposed to be the competition to the Whites Classic that Whites was placing in their Surfmaster P.I. box. at the time.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy thanks for the info. I remember them now. At the time I wanted one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
U.K. Brian said:
The only Turtle detectors I ever saw were Silver Sabres modified and placed into waterproof boxes as Keppy says.

Think they were supposed to be the competition to the Whites Classic that Whites was placing in their Surfmaster P.I. box. at the time.
:icon_thumright:

Mrdleek

Mar 12, 2017
Chicago, Wisconsin and Tucson
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000 s2, Bounty Hunter 202 , 2200, 3300
Turtle underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Goverton
Just got back into detecting after 35 years. I have a Turtle detector.
Back in 1980 the Turtle was made by a couple guys in Indiana. They were a Whites dealers. I sometimes ran there booth at the boat and outdoor shows.
It still works well along with my old Whites units.

LesterJB

Jan 13, 2011
Rockland, PA.
Detector(s) used
trident
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a silver turtle deluxe made by Tesoro Inc. and Turtle Corp. in Elkhart, IN. Worked nice until I pulled it out this year in Chicken, AK. (Jack Wade/Walker Fork area)...found out real quick that the seal between the upper and lower part of the coil has failed and leaks...Just got back, so I emailed Tesoro today and am waiting for a response.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a silver turtle deluxe made by Tesoro Inc. and Turtle Corp. in Elkhart, IN. Worked nice until I pulled it out this year in Chicken, AK. (Jack Wade/Walker Fork area)...found out real quick that the seal between the upper and lower part of the coil has failed and leaks...Just got back, so I emailed Tesoro today and am waiting for a response.

You will pry be waiting a long time Lester, Tesoro went out of business from what Iv read...

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lifetime warrant.....oh wait

Spanish for bankrupt

chub

Top Member Reactions