Gold Dredges - Comparisons and facts needed. Preparing for 2012.

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today finds me in preparation for the coming 2012 season. Have decided that I will purchase a 3" Suction Dredge. Am trying to clear away all the smoke and mystery of how dredges match up with one another. Each manufacturer says that theirs is the best. So...here goes, on the basis of performance, reliability, recovery of fine gold, how does a 3" dredge from Proline compare to a 3" dredge from Keene? I am always open for new info, am planning the beginnings of a vacation to South Dakota or northern California. Cut the smelly untruths and give me the straight dope! Gold Duster, Dave.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Hi Dave,
Neither one will work in Califonia as dredging is currently prohibited in California.
Call Keene and ask them about the current state of the laws, they are waiting for
an environmental impact report to be completed in 2014 or thereabouts. I am not
real clear on it, but talk to Keene. I bought one of their 2500 dredges many years
ago, liked it fine, but have no experience with Proline.
Rich

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
a friend uses a dredger,not sure of the model,but he complained,that it didnt offer
different length of hose,i think it had 2,25' and 50',so maybe that would be a
consideration in your decision,i think his is an older dredger too,like 5yr+

if you do a google search for dredging for gold laws,you should be able to find
other areas to dredge
Dredging, Mining & Gold Panning ,Mother Lode Field Office

Please Note: The State of California has passed SB 670 which prohibits the use of vacuum or other suction dredging equipment for instream mining in any California river, stream or lake effective August 6, 2009. This moratorium will remain in effect until the Department of Fish and Game completes an environmental review of its dredging permitting program and revises its regulations. BLM will not issue recreational use permits for suction dredging until this moratorium is lifted. Additional information can be found at www.dfg.ca.gov .
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/folsom/rocks.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions