What to buy?

Ranger1

Nov 18, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 1 SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, I have a question. Wife bought me a White Classic SL a few years back, but never had time to really use it. I will most likely give it to my daughter to use and I am trying to decide on what to purchase for myself. A local dealer has suggested the Garrett ACE 250 or 350 for a starter even over some of the other more expensive brands that he has in stock. All the reviews I have read have been positive about these MD's. What do yall suggest for getting started?

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your budget? How much are you planning on MDing? If its once a year at the beach then thats different than a twice a week deal.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you have to say what type of hunting your interested in. Beach (wet sand) is very different from inland. If you want a detector that will tackle most sites its going to cost more.

I would be inclined to give the Classic SL a real go. The Classic range always tended to be sleepers and what you have is a good detector that can be further improved for around $50-$60.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions