Suction Dredging in Indiana, can we continue their use?

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like the ire of everyone in the U.S. has been unleashed upon us. Will we still be allowed to prospect with suction dredges in Indiana, or are we going to be going the way of the Dodo bird? Seriously, anybody have any new news if Indiana is going to be rational about allowing us to continue using our machines, or are there rumbles of new legislation that will seriously hamper, or end suction-dredge use? Need info before I invest in 3-4" dredge. :help: -Gold Duster, Dave.

nafsbuc

Nov 20, 2011
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Whites dfx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try and contact any of the GPAA Chapters in Indiana or the Indiana Recreational Gold Prospectors Assoc. ? Good luck and I hope you get a positive answer . If you need help with the new dredger , I'll drive over.

OP
OP
-Gold Duster Dave

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanx for the reply, am now leaning I believe towards building a 4" dredger. I enjoy working with my hands. Believe I will enjoy the challenge also. Gold Duster, Dave. :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the ire of everyone in the U.S. has been unleashed upon us. Will we still be allowed to prospect with suction dredges in Indiana, or are we going to be going the way of the Dodo bird? Seriously, anybody have any new news if Indiana is going to be rational about allowing us to continue using our machines, or are there rumbles of new legislation that will seriously hamper, or end suction-dredge use? Need info before I invest in 3-4" dredge. :help: -Gold Duster, Dave.

As of right now you still can......lets hope it stayes that way....lol

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why are you finding gold....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions