Building a 4" Dredging Machine

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Building a 4" Dredging Machine

Have been researching a lot of discussion on this site, plus on many others for purposes of obtaining info on the many different systems that have evolved in dredging systems. Seems like most everyone is struggling to make one riffle box perform highly in all areas. I believe I am going to attempt to design and build an over/under two riffle box dredger. The upper riffle box will be faster flow for large nuggets, pickers and the like. The lower riffle box will be slower, wider, for better recovery of fine gold. Have been researching various discussions on riffle box design and wow, are there varying opinions. From what I understand the design/layout of both types of riffle box and angles are quite a bit different. Am bowing to experience here, so any constructive comments to the design, measurements as in width of riffle boxes, placement of riffles , riffle size/design, materials, that would help me build this dredger design would be greatly appreciated. First, I want to build the two riffle boxes, the top riffle box will be 4 feet in length, the lower will be 3 feet, 10 inches. I have decided on having the engine separate from the main unit to eliminate excess vibration which would cut down efficiency of in recovery of fine gold. The angle of both riffle boxes will be adjustable, and I will be able to move whole unit forward/backward to maintain balance. I have a little while to plan this out, so welcome any constructive help. -Gold Duster, Dave :coffee2:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Building a 4" Dredging Machine

I guess you found my info you inquired about useful?Your welcome

OP
OP
-Gold Duster Dave

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Building a 4" Dredging Machine

Thx Kuger. Really appreciate site info. Helped answer all my questions. Now to lay it out, and get to building it. -Gold Duster, Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions