Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sep 2006
    jersey city new jersey
    Tesoro Tiger Shark

Re: What Metal Detector to buy?

sounds logical to test drive one I'd love per say to kick the tires on one------- but there are no dealers near me and most members in the detecting club own a top-of-the-line machine mostly mine labs which im told are great but not for a beginner
    Im even thinking of waiting til christmas for a better deal is that a good idea or are these machines equal value throughout the year

Aug 2004
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by bill gent
    sounds logical to test drive one I'd love per say to kick the tires on one------- but there are no dealers near me and most members in the detecting club own a top-of-the-line machine mostly mine labs which im told are great but not for a beginner
    Im even thinking of waiting til christmas for a better deal is that a good idea or are these machines equal value throughout the year
    The new machines are generally the same price no matter where you go or what time of the year unless a machine is being discontinued and the factory gave authority to sell them cheaper. For $250 you just are not going to find a be all do all detector. I don't even know if such a beast exists, but some allow you to do a whole lot for the cost, but at a much steeper price range than you want to spend. If you are looking for the most bang for the buck, you might want to look at used machines and take your risks without a warranty. Even used, you will have a hard, if not impossilble time finding a top of the line machine for $250. If you want new with all the gizmo's your looking for, the best bang for the buck in your price range is the ace 250 hands down. The silver sabre UMAX is a good machine as well, but you are not going to get the TID screen.
    Happy Tesoro user - Mid Missouri

Sep 2006
    jersey city new jersey
    Tesoro Tiger Shark

seems to me the general concessus in club, here and even kellyco is the 250 I will purchase this at the start of next month and let you all know how i made out

now if the local police department (I plan to help in recovery) would like to kick in some funds welllllllllllllll

should I buy the 10 inch coil as well

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by bill gent
    seems to me the general concessus in club, here and even kellyco is the 250 I will purchase this at the start of next month and let you all know how i made out

now if the local police department (I plan to help in recovery) would like to kick in some funds welllllllllllllll

should I buy the 10 inch coil as well

if you plan on doing land and dry sand hunting you will love that ace! i know i love mine!
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Aug 2006
    MA
    MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I'm a new Hunter with a minelab explorer II and i just love it it's my first detector and it will not be my last minelab! It was not to hard to learn with. After two days I dug up a 22K ring @ 8" to 10", and alot more keeper in the last two months. The new coil I'm getting will go down even deeper alot deeper. I would look at a dealer to see what you like then look on ebay for a better price. Good luck and let the silver and gold gods be with you LOL H.H.

THE DEEPDIGGEREXPII

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1991 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Sure you can get a cheaper price on ebay, But do you want to chance it? It's a good place to unload a detector that doesn't work right or some thing is wrong with it. If it is such a good detector why are they selling it an not keeping it for a back up or let a family member use it with them? Remember, you generally get what you pay for.

Support your local dealer! If something goes wrong with the ebay machine, the dealer won't take you under his wing nor ship it back for you. You won't get any help in running it. Warranty work is out too cause your not the first buyer. So forget ebay. There are plenty of guys here that made the mistake of ebay. Then to, some lucked out.

Sandman
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Aug 2006
    MA
    MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

OK good point with e bay you can use it to make sure your dealer price is on. Maybe not so much e-bay but on-line dealers and what they will give for free. I missed out on over $500 in free stuff

DEEPDIGGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors