Forum Envy: Is TreasureNet the Best?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I subscribe to over a dozen gold and treasure hunting forums online. A moderator in one of those forums began bashing TreasureNet - again - recently, and I felt a need to vent..

I enjoy all of the forums I subscribe to. Each has their good and bad points. Some (im my opinion), are too heavy with paying sponsors giving brand-influenced advice, some have moderators that apparently see God when they look in the mirror. Some are laid out poorly, and others have way too much advertising.. But, I have a great time on ALL of them! I like TreasureNet. Of the 12 or so forums I frequent, T-Net is in the top five. I have been detecting and gold prospecting for many years, but I ALWAYS learn or read something I didn't know every week in the different forums.

What's important to you, and why do you frequent T-Net?

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard enough time keeping up with what is on T net :read2:

Jonnie

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jealousy breeds contempt Terry. Their own insecurities leads to bashing others as a false means to prop up their own self worth. Could also be a former member. :wink:

Lots of folks are on several different forums. Different forums have different strengths and weaknesses so why not go to more than one?

For me, I haven't seen another Forum come close to the vast knowledge displayed by the members and happily shared as we have here though.

So, a Thank You to our members for sharing not just their finds but their knowledge. :thumbsup: :hello2: :hello2:

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The people at TreasureNet are much nicer than where I started out. That is why I am here.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of folks are on several different forums. Different forums have different strengths and weaknesses so why not go to more than one?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree, No one forum can cover all. What I can't see is how do people keep up with 12 different forums..I spend a couple hours a day in front of the computer as a member of 3.........I retire, I'm disconnecting my internet and will be hunting..

What's important to you, and why do you frequent T-Net?
..to learn..........I'm a Pirate

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the most informative forum I've found on the net, even reading the arguments makes me grin :laughing7:

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my second time being a member of T-net. The first time I was here for a few years (about 5 years ago). And now, I am just getting back on. When I was able to get back into the hobby, this forum was the first I came back to.

The people here have always been friendly. They are knowledgeable, without wearing the halo. If you ask a question about your machine, you don't get an answer like "Well, if you had a real detector, you'd know...". No, they just answer your question regardless of brand preference. If someone can't answer your question, they simply don't. There are some VERY knowledgeable people here, and I know if I ask a question, it will get the best answers.

Even a "noobie" asking a question that is asked alot, like "how deep will ____ machine go?", is not only answered, but the answer is usually accompanied with an explanation, which makes this a great place to learn.

There is very little brand bashing, if any. There have been a few people knocking heads, as there will be on any forum, but it is usually resolved quickly, with apologies, and we move on with our lives.

There is a nice balance of adverts. And if they are regular members, you'd hardly know it. You don't see any posts saying that their store is better than that guys.

The diversity of the forum categories is wide, and covers darn near everything. There is something here for everyone.

If I could suggest anything, it would be to move inactive threads over 2 years old to an archive area. This way it can still be searched and read, but not on the "main" forum so that a 5 year old thread isn't answered and reopened just because the reader didn't notice the dates. Or at least make it so that threads over a year or two old is "closed" and is a read-only status so that it can't be reopened.

These are my reasons for coming here. Nice folks, lot's of info, and a great research tool.

And in case I've missed it, having a category, listed by state, for people looking for hunting partners would be really cool. If this is already here, please direct me to it.

These are MY reasons for being here.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You's for your Kind words, We aim to Please :wink:

& You can be assured You will Not see Me Bash
any other Forum :icon_thumleft:

Besides Why advertise the names of other Sites ? :tongue3:

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I'm on 4 forums and this one is in my top 2. I ordered my detectors from sellers on this site.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a member of 4 and only go to Tnet and one other . Tnet gets about 85% of my time .Some of the sites seem to be full of clicks and brand bashers. Tnet is a good place to enjoy the hobby with like minded people. No drama.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes t net is best in my view -- i spend a lot of time here great research and history to be found in the "archives" --lots and lots of info stored here on many topics :read2: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
baywalker said:
I have a hard enough time keeping up with what is on T net :read2:

Jonnie
That's right i have a hard time keeping up with Tnet also........ I belong to 4 different ones.. and i spend 99% of my time on Tnet............ There are months at a time i don't even go into the other ones..........

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the true Pro's I know now hardly post on any of the forums as so many have become so bent as to be almost circular. Often its the moderators who are the major problem. They say one thing on the forum they moderate and the exact opposite on another where they don't have to please the forum sponsors.

Notice how many forums will not let you publish performance figures between two coils of similar size. Why not ? If its claimed one is twice as good as the other it might just be be and people should know. If not then others come in with their results and you know to treat the posts of the person who has made outrageous claims with a pinch of salt in the future.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to 4 sites.

This is the only one I check on almost every day.

It just kind of has everything. Freedom to agree and disagree, without someone moderating my thoughts, but still strives to keep the conversations civil, lots of members - charter and otherwise, who have such a vast amount of knowledge - it boggles the mind that so many different kinds of folks have the same interests as me. (even though they come from different states, different countries, different families, different backgrounds, different callings in life, different work, different politics, different lifestyles) - and, yet - here we all are, searching for treasure, enjoying the outdoors, enjoying the same hobbies ----

What else could you want? :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Beth

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ditto what Beth said. Even if I'm not doing a lot of hunting at the time, I still check to see what others have found, and find myself looking forward to it, there will almost always be something new, unexpected, funny, or thought provoking in what I read. :icon_thumleft:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a newbie and as soon as I get my paycheck I pay to be a regular.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread