Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
I looked through one of another members and I plan on getting the ones that cover my state and the neighboring states. They gave Tresure Legend names so you could start your research. Seemed cool.

HH Jay

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I have the entire set which was about $5.00 a book when bought. I flop around enough between Tennessee, Texas, and Ohio to warrent the entire thing. They are pretty good for what they are, and what they are is a starting point. Most sites in the books are blurbs and not spectacularly informative. This being said they are perfect for starting a search for a spot to detect. It is subdivided into treasure tales and ghost towns.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are 10 volumes that represent the lifetime research of Thomas P. Terry. When he heard of a tale or ghost town location , he listed it in his files. He did some treasure hunting, but he was more a researcher. Some are just listings of events that happened and some state the main facts on the event. They are not meant to be treasure stories, just the facts.
There is more than one state per book. The states are in alphabetical order, but the counties are not. There are maps that show the location of all listings for each state. He used this information to write his true treasure tales. I have the complete set , but if you only hunt your home area you can get the volume with your state on E bay, Amazon or a book store. Try the library if you just want to find a couple of locations to hunt. It is called "United States Treasure Atlas". Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread