Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subject: seniors in the news

Gold Hunter Digs 60 Foot Deep Hole in Yard

(Montclair, California) - A homeowner digging for gold in his front yard said he got "carried away" and ended up with a 60-foot-deep hole, authorities said. Henry Mora, 63, began digging 10 days ago after his gold detector reported a positive hit near his front patio. He told authorities he only intended to go down three or four feet.

This fellow is definitely hard-core.

D

damz68

That is some detector. It will read 61' deep. Thats right, if he digs 1 more foot he will find that gold. I bet he was saying that at 2 feet, just one more foot.

I wonder how many priceless fossils he discarded in that 60' hole?

That is real funny!

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
I went to Home depot 2 times, and for all the soil well the kids sandbox was getting low and I needed to fill in all the holes in the back yard

30-2X10  40-2X4  16-2X6 25-4X4 $654.23
2- 30 foot ladder $775.89
5- flood lights  $156.98
1 very small but not all that old, GOLD coin priceless

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
I believe I saw this on the internet in a news clip. The authorities had closed him down 'cos it was dangerous (obviously).
He had a HUGE pile of dirt next to a MAMMOTH hole I think. He had some kind of 2 box unit that he had "set to gold" when he tried it in his yard and he had to find out what it was. Quite a funny clip-probably still out there if someone stumbles upon it.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DEEPDIGGEREXPII said:
I went to Home depot 2 times, and for all the soil well the kids sandbox was getting low and I needed to fill in all the holes in the back yard

30-2X10 40-2X4 16-2X6 25-4X4 $654.23
2- 30 foot ladder $775.89
5- flood lights $156.98
1 very small but not all that old, GOLD coin priceless

nicely done :)

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I just have to wonder, is the MD still beeping gold after digging down 60' ?? I really think he should re-check his hole, I'm sorry but chasing a ghost, or mineralization for 59' after you dig it up? I just gotta see the humor in that.

papa

Sep 21, 2006
WDFF, I know what you are thinking,Honest,that was not me ;D Wife won't let me did in front yard. ::)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I read that! Very funny!

TALK ABOUT O.C.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Just plain stupid?

S

shreddah

...I take it he didnt get anything. :-\ man what a worthless 60 feet. but at least it gave him something to hope foor. poor old guy!

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
LOL, imagine the look on the cops' faces. "what the crap is this crazy doin" lol, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Gotta give him credit though, I probably would have given up at like 55'. :)

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BADDOG. That guy and his boys were nuts...looks like he had a regular "operation" going there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread