MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fortunehunter

Aug 11, 2011
Lumberton, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Twisted One,I followed the link for the Bounty Hunter.After 3 hours on the phone with Walmart,I was told that it was unavailable.Do you have any suggestions?Fortune Hunter.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Bounty hunters are a great brand, they are light and breakable, but a solid detector, they get a bad rep solely on the design of them.

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Bounty Hunter gold digger as well as my White's V/sat, and Fisher Gold Bug. The Bounty hunter was taken in as trade for a wood burning kitchen range. (I wanted the range off my porch)
I took the Bounty Hunter out yesterday, was looking for a cross bow bolt I fired the day before, what I found was a lot of nails and iron junk. Did find three mountain dew cans, buried about ten inches in the ground.
It's a kick in the butt dinking around with it. Sure it is a cheapo but it is fun to mess around with. A break from having to adjust my others.
Nevada Coyote

ntt

Dec 20, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when choosing my first medal detector, i chose the bounty hunter quick draw 2, this beat the ace 250 for price alone,

at 1st i was a bit disatisfied with my purchase, however i worked with it everyday for about a week and only in my yard. This was done on dollar store batteries. I am very excited for it now that i am more famialir with it.

these are basicaly a toy, or as my woman says a kids model, you getting it on trade is good, but i have to amitt alumin can...hehe, i find them every where, and for sum reasonwhen it is gravel under the dirt it just beeps and beeps,

how ever, if your batteries are good i do suspect you will find what you are looking for,

back yard test....passed
finding gas line...passed
change, upto 1963...passed
steel/iron rode 2ft long...passed beeped on the how length of it
surface..passed, even when i could not see it, it was there

good luck, i know we have different models, but i feel if you take your time it will do u good, and you will find that piece you were looking for, once this one pays for it's self i will be upgrading to the 250.00
i will be beach tesing it today, good luck on your new machine

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Twisted One,I followed the link for the Bounty Hunter.After 3 hours on the phone with Walmart,I was told that it was unavailable.Do you have any suggestions?Fortune Hunter

Sue chinamart for false advertising. Walmart is a joke anyway.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks fairly similar to the BH Junior (uses the same coil). If so, it probably isn't worth the money. A better bet is the BH Tracker IV which is a really good machine for the money. You can often get it for around $60-$99 online. It has much better discrimination and two tones. However, it isn't the deepest detector around. I get about 5" on a quarter when air testing. Still, for places that haven't been "cleaned out" by tons of other detectorists, the BH Tracker IV will do a good job. And it is lightweight and easy for a kid to use.

For a great deal on the Tracker IV, go to Hobby Lobby's web site and use the 40% off coupon. This makes the Tracker IV about $60. It is not a "toy" detector. Just not the deepest around. But for that kind of money, how could you go wrong?

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also went to walmart and it still says unavailable... what everyone needs to understand the little kids need a detector too... I have an Ace 250, and a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV the weight is fine, but the length is to much for the little ones, my youngest is 5 and loves to MD with me but she wants her own... this one is the perfect little machine for someone who wants to get them involved without breaking the bank.... I want this for my little girl!!!

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drilled an extra hole at the bottom of the shaft so that it would shorten more

fortunehunter

Aug 11, 2011
Lumberton, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Relicminer,I too was wanting a couple of them for my nephews.They like to go hunting with me,but I believe they would enjoy it more if they had their own.

OP
OP
T

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I forgot to look back at this post. Usually when walmart does something like that it is sold out rather fast. And niether of my local walmarts ever carry them in stock.

The only thing I could suggest is to check for other stores that carry them and see if they will price match, highly unlikely at that price, but who knows?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread