Greetings from Santa Rosa,Ca

I

Inkgirl

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie. I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. I took my first trip to the beach today. I mostly made the beach safer for everyone, but did come away with $0.12 in clad and a fishing weight. I filled in my holes and distributed the waist in the proper receptacles.
I had a great deal of fun. I also have a couple of questions I was hoping someone might enlighten me on.
a. I seemed to get weird and jumpy signals on the wet sand. Is there an adjustment that I should make for this?
b. I saw some very old, fallen houses and structures. I could not see any new structures on the land so I was unable to make a direct contact. I have read how seekers on the forum mention research. I'm wondering what is the best avenue for finding out about piece of property in order to get permission to hunt.
c. Any tips for pinpointing? I followed the instructional video advice, but seemed to miss the mark sometimes.

Also, I know this is getting windy, but I would love to know if there are any other Santa Rosians out there.

I enjoy reading this forum very much. Thank you in advance for any responses.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
8) Hi Inkgirl: Welcome to the TN! Sorry I'm not familiar with your Detector, but I know that Wet Sand on Salt Water Beaches causes havoc on certain MD! Maybe somebody with BH experience will help. You said you found .12, thats about .11 more than I did my 1st time out. Good Luck & keep us current with your finds!

Joe

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Inkgirl!! Welcome to the forum. Nice to meet you. You will encounter a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Always willing to help a noob. Read all the forums you can and practice much, as mentioned.

I am not familiar with the model you have either. I use the BG 3300 and my kids 1100. The 3300 has a ground a manual ground balance. To help stabilize against the mineralization of certain soils and sand. Wet sand will give you far more trouble than dry. My BH is a cheap machine, but, it gets the job done.

You can go to the website for your county tax office and look up the addresses of the houses that are currently inhabited, search by a range of addresses to find the current owners name. Make sure you take down the addresses of the occupied homes to either side of the vacants before you leave the area next time. This is provided the addresses have fallen off the dwellings. After obtaining the name of the owners you can reverse look-up the address to attempt finding the owner's phone number. Most tax office websites will probably not list the owner's number.

I am not a Santa Rosian. :)

GL and HH!!

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Sorry Inkgirl, can't help you much, I'm new too, and I can evenuse mine on the local beaches around her, its ano-no. I'm in the wasteland between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria, right on the coast, not that it helps any

good luck

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Hi Inkgirl
Welcome aboard and nice to meet you. 0.12 cents is better than my first time at the beach. In regards to your questions, 1). My Compadre chatters near the wet sand. I think it has something to do with the wet salt and other minerals in the sand. Since I don't have a BH, I could only venture a guess. Maybe if you turn the sensitivity down, it might help. I'm sure others on the forum who use BH would be better able to help, 2). As far as the old house, try to get a street address, as best you can and take it with you, along with the information that the neighbors gave you, to the tax office, recorder of wills and deeds, or city hall. In different towns, they are called different things and sometimes in different buildings, 3). As far as pinpointing, I need help with that myself, so we can hopefully learn together. Hope it helps. Good luck and look forward to your pics of some great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread