My New Camcorder for Metal Detecting

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a new ContourHD 1080 camcorder for Christmas (We held our family Christmas the week before the 25th). I wanted the camera so I could record my metal detecting adventures and also record items that I am digging up before I know what they are. I wanted to be able to mount this camera in a place where it wouldn't be in the way and where it would be able to record me using the detector and then digging up my target without having to worry about where the camera was pointed.

Wait till you see where I mounted it. http://mymdforum.com/wp/2011/12/detecting-today/

I am going to an 1838 battle site on Monday that I have detected a couple times before. I am looking forward to getting some great video.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea but have one up on you I got a pair of sun glasses with a video and sound camera built into it. Has 3 to 4 hrs of recording space. very good pictures and sound. very 007 stuff on sale for 75$.

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pair of the POV AGC 20 sunglass's but didn't like them, and they eventually stopped working. So far this camera is much better than the sunglasses that I had.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that sure has one heck of an arc of view to it. Must not have zoom or macro........NGE

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny said:
Wow, that sure has one heck of an arc of view to it. Must not have zoom or macro........NGE

That is correct, no zoom and no macro. it is basically an HD turn on and press record camera. All settings are configured while it is hooked up to a computer so changing light settings, and quality settings can not be done on the fly unless you have a laptop with you.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I like it, Very Kool...Love that HD, some great memories for you and always good for those rare finds........many forget the details when something rare popsup, but now you have a chance to catch all.........you may want to mount the cam alittle lower on the earcups of the headphones, that way you can capture the audio alittle better.. this past summer with WaterProof Minelabs Sovereign, none HD, but I just picked one up similar to yours....taychon HD mini, hope the picture is as clear as yours...

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh how I miss those days walking the beach in Galveston, TX, thats a great video, it does bring back memories and I wasn't even there with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread