Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
The best detector I can recommend is the Tesoro Silver uMax. It was rated a perfect 5 stars. My detecting partner and I both have one and it gets great depth, amazing discrimination, hardly a single false beep ever, light weight, and more. I use it for civil war hunting, I pop out bullets all the time with it.

SteveOnTheHunt

Jun 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ACE 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would recommend the AT Pro.

It's like having 2 machines in one, its water proof too. No more rushing in at the first sign of bad weather. Actually the whole
machine is submersible up to 10 feet. Great Iron discrimination too. Imagine your Ace 250 on steroids. With your experience with the 250, learning the AT Pro should be a breeze.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had Ace 250, deepest dime to ID correctly was 4", with AT Pro I got dime with correct visual & tone ID at 7". This should make your chances of finding older coins much better. I really don't think the Safari is worth $400 more. The Safari is 5.5 lbs, the AT Pro just over 3 lbs.

The AT Pro beeps solid high tone on a dime in air test to 10". The Safari will beep solidly on a dime in air test to 11.5" with just occasional correct high tone (mostly low & mid tones). You could buy a used Safari under $700 & then if you didn't like it, no big loss. $998.95 new Those who really learn the expensive Minelabs do great but would think most at first dig much trash.

The AT Pro can go underwater to 10', with most gold rings found in waist-deep water. The MAP (minimum advertiseable price) on the AT Pro is $595 but some dealers will go somewhat lower in phone or e-mail quote. I've seen used ones as low as $375, but you would want to be sure you got the latest camlocks version or older one that's updated with camlocks. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread