New to the world of metal detecting

Critter

Jan 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

I am new to metal detecting. Does anyone live in the Sacramento, Elk Grove, CA. area? I am getting ready to retire from the Marine Corps and I need a hobby. Being from the Midwest, I have always enjoyed walking my grandpa's field and creek looking for arrowheads so metal detecting seems like fun. I just got a metal detector and I have already found a 2010 quarter, a 1985 nickel and two rusty nails at the local park. I know what you are thinking...... WTH? Don't judge me, I am just starting out so give me a break. LOL! If anyone is in the area and feeling like supporting the troops, this Marine would gladly tag along and learn some tricks of the trade. Anyway I look forward to reading the posts here and maybe I can find some of the cool stuff that I am reading about.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As a Veteran (US Navy Hospital Corpsman/8404 MOS Marine Corp Medic) Let me tell you your about to get addicted to one heck of a hobby... Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!! :icon_thumleft: Oh yea, Welcome!!!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
C

Critter

Jan 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relicminer said:
As a Veteran (US Navy Hospital Corpsman/8404 MOS Marine Corp Medic) Let me tell you your about to get addicted to one heck of a hobby... Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!! :icon_thumleft: Oh yea, Welcome!!!! :icon_pirat:

Thank you for your service Doc! I love our Navy Corpsman! We could not do what we do without you Sailors. The one thing I don't want to find while metal detecting is the "Silver Bullet"! You know what I am talking about. I don't think anyone else will. LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions