Golden Girls gone wild!

mbmare5

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, countdown is 2 days til my sister and myself start our new adventures in metal detecting. I am flying down to florida and we will be combing the beaches for a few days, all I need is a check list. This is what I have: Metal detector, ( I know , that's a given, lol) small shovel, strainer, headphones, extra batteries, containers for stuff we find, magnifying glass, camera, beer cooler (for beer), water bottles and rags for cleaning stuff up and alot of patience. Is there anything or lots of things I'm forgetting? Would love to have any suggestions and I promise to post some kewl pics, even if it's only of us trying to find something, lol. Have a great day and wish us luck! Mare

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Doggone it, I was hoping for nekked pics of Bea Arthur and Betty White.... :BangHead:

Ah well, good luck anyways ;D

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
Doggone it, I was hoping for nekked pics of Bea Arthur and Betty White.... :BangHead:

Ah well, good luck anyways ;D
LOL me toooooooooooooooo!

keninkansas

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excall-ll,minelabe explorer se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good shoes or flip-flops, scoop is hard on bare feet

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long handled scoop and good wading shoes where in F.L.?

Jonnie

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest a carpenters apron.

It has pockets, where you can automatically separate your finds - rusty hooks in one, other junk in another, good stuff in another, and personals in the other (all of mine have four pockets).

Personal stuff being your smokes if you do, or gum, or a great place to put a bottle of water or whatever.

A "rusty hook" one, so that you don't stick your hand in and grab that stuff - you unload that after everything else is out of your pockets - you can also put blood vials and syringes in that pocket - its the "don't touch this stuff with your hands" pocket. And yes - I pick all that crap up - for many reasons. The biggest reason is that I cannot imagine some barefoot kid stepping on any one of those things - 2 - I don't want to find it again, and 3- it cleans the beach for everyone. (did I mention we keep a box of disposable surgical gloves in our vehicle?).

Add to that list - a hat (it is Florida, and all beaches seem to reflect the sun), and suntan lotion. Nothing worse than spending your second day in pain. :angry5:

Long handled scoop is definitely the best - you don't have to bend over at all - we just run on "all metals" and scoop everything.

Have fun, send pictures.

Beth

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Doggone it, I was hoping for nekked pics of Bea Arthur and Betty White.... BangHead

Ah well, good luck anyways

Oh God. my eyes. I'm blind....... Al Bundy :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Doggone it, I was hoping for nekked pics of Bea Arthur and Betty White.... BangHead

Ah well, good luck anyways

Oh God. my eyes. I'm blind....... Al Bundy :laughing9:

Omg I love those 2 Hoties!!!!

What, No I dont need New Glasses!!!! OOPS I thought He said Bundy Hotties!!!! :help: :help: :help:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pinpointer would be an asset.HH

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunblock

Oh and have lots of fun. Keep what you actually take to the beach to a min. After all you'll need the extra muscle to lug home all the goodies.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Tiny bikini's? It's a nessessity. It's illegal to detect FLA beaches unless clad in a skimpy bikini. It's the law 'mam.

Just ask the guys in the Shipwreck forum, they love getting "dressed up" all the time. They'll tell ya.

Good luck.

EDIT: Got so excited by my bikini comment forgot the real reason for my post. There are strict laws in FLA about where and when u can detect. Make sure u have ur facts straight. Things like can only detect from the foot of the dunes to the low tide mark for example. If you go to the Shipwreck forum (ignore the men in bikini's) and post what beaches you are going to they will tell you the do's and don't. Nice bunch of pirates they are!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some grape jelly, an oboe reed, some extra virgin olive oil, and a box of Pampers. Oh, uh... never mind, I was still thinking hotties! M :whip2: nty

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you will need to bring a pinpointer. We seem to gather children who all point at the objects that beep off!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

They pinpoint really well! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Kidding................................somewhat. :laughing9:

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread