Another Treasure Legend Located For Sure!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a lot of out there I've been fascinated by treasure mysteries most of my life, and not just from the desire of hopefully finding lost fortune one day, but also through the fasinating stories and histories that also accompany these tales. But every year it seems I'm always completely stumped by the advent of one reoccuring event that I simply don't understand, and here it is. Why, after so many other previous claims, do people still insist that they have once again found the same great discovery that has been touted and died so many times before? Even if someone had thought that had found it, why do they continue to risk exposing themselves to something that is most certain to evaporate like all those before them? I just don't get it, why put it out there until the goods are in hand and your entire futrue credibility isn't at risk? What do you think people still do this? :dontknow:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people just have visions of grandeur I suppose? When I was thinking about getting into MDing, I had visions of finding many gold coins and lost treasures but soon found out it wasn't that easy. It take a lot of luck, skill and sometimes money. Yes, the treasure is there for the finding, but the finding is the hardest part, a once in a lifetime proposition. I started out disappointed if I didn't find gold, but now I am disappointed simply from not finding clad! I have decided I am too old and worn out to work hard enough to score that once in a lifetime find, so now I just mainly Keep it up because it is fun, challenging and good for m,y health to get out and work at it. I'll keep doing it as long as physically able. Monty

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my friend, the story sounds like mine.I know some people are probably tired of hearing my claims to treasure.what I wanted to do is to keep treasurehunters looking and never to give up.all that I claim is the absolute truth. Remember I paid my dues, roaming up and down mountains.everyone I talk to all claim that they found the peralta, and that's all right it probably keeps me safe.when I asked for help I was able to pick up four new people.
One expert asked me why I would give information to strangers.I give some information hoping I can get through to even one person and maybe boost their spirit some. Remember I located the peralta years ago but it took me another three years to break the coding to find the exact entrances. Im still going to soon post a picture of the horse.also, I do not get angers with those that make fun of me.if I didn't know myself I'd. Think I was crazy too, ha ha.

dnuggett

Greenie
Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peralta said:
Hello my friend, the story sounds like mine.I know some people are probably tired of hearing my claims to treasure.what I wanted to do is to keep treasurehunters looking and never to give up.all that I claim is the absolute truth. Remember I paid my dues, roaming up and down mountains.everyone I talk to all claim that they found the peralta, and that's all right it probably keeps me safe.when I asked for help I was able to pick up four new people.
One expert asked me why I would give information to strangers.I give some information hoping I can get through to even one person and maybe boost their spirit some. Remember I located the peralta years ago but it took me another three years to break the coding to find the exact entrances. Im still going to soon post a picture of the horse.also, I do not get angers with those that make fun of me.if I didn't know myself I'd. Think I was crazy too, ha ha.

No offense, but most are reluctant to believe someone who posts claims on the internet. Almost all that are repeatedly successful know and adhere to the number one rule.. and if I have to state that rule then well, you probably aren't as successful as you say.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not suggesting that some finds have not been made, just curious as to why some still make absolute claims of discovery without the conclusive proof in hand. What drives them to stick their neck out so far on that same bloody platter where so many heads before them have been removed? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread