Garrett AT Pro vs Tesoro Vaquero

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone me and my buddy Bobby S on here are going to see who finds more silver,gold,coins,and clad in 2012, so far i think im ahead but i want to know what do you think does better depth wise and hits silver and gold better with there stock coils? Also what detector do u think hits silver,gold,coins and clad better using a 5x8 coil on the at pro and a 5.75 coil on the tesoro?...i think the garrets going to pull ahead because
1. its "water proof" although i would only submerge the coil and rods.
2. its got good audio.
3.its got a screen.
4. its got many different hunting modes.

i also wish they would make a sunray pinpointer for the at pro, if i knew that they are i wouldent buy a garrett pro pointer! if you have any info on a sunray probe for the at pro please tell me!
Thanks,younghunt

also check out my latest md vid at...
http://www.youtube.com/user/77rockcrawler?feature=mhee
please subscribe thanks!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys have fun! :thumbsup:

Unless you guys are hunting the exact same targets at the exact same depths in the exact same conditions - your "Competition" is moot. Just enjoy hunting together and comparing your finds.

PS - Don't let that Vaquero walk behind you.. unless you just want to be disappointed :laughing7:

Younghunt said:
Hey everyone me and my buddy Bobby S on here are going to see who finds more silver,gold,coins,and clad in 2012, so far i think im ahead but i want to know what do you think does better depth wise and hits silver and gold better with there stock coils? Also what detector do u think hits silver,gold,coins and clad better using a 5x8 coil on the at pro and a 5.75 coil on the tesoro?...i think the garrets going to pull ahead because
2. its got good audio.
3.its got a screen.

i also wish they would make a sunray pinpointer for the at pro, if i knew that they are i wouldent buy a garrett pro pointer! if you have any info on a sunray probe for the at pro please tell me!
Thanks,younghunt

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
You guys have fun! :thumbsup:

Unless you guys are hunting the exact same targets at the exact same depths in the exact same conditions - your "Competition" is moot. Just enjoy hunting together and comparing your finds.

PS - Don't let that Vaquero walk behind you.. unless you just want to be disappointed :laughing7:

Younghunt said:
2. its got good audio.
3.its got a screen.

Thanks,younghunt

True

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice Terry. Just enjoy the hunt together. I lost a buddy because I hunted behind him and found a coin purse loaded with silver and he just didn't put his coil over it or he would have found it. He couldn't handle someone else finding something behind him.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Good advice Terry. Just enjoy the hunt together. I lost a buddy because I hunted behind him and found a coin purse loaded with silver and he just didn't put his coil over it or he would have found it. He couldn't handle someone else finding something behind him.
So did he kill himself?...or u dont hunt anymore together?

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea man, I'm just interested in being able to hunt together and stuff. I think both of our detectors go hand in hand. Just gotta know our machines. I hope you find a lot of good things and I hope I find quite a few things

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Younghunt said:
Sandman said:
So did he kill himself?...or u dont hunt anymore together?

TheSandman doesn't have to put his hands on anyone silly. :dontknow: That's why he has goons like me :laughing7: Let's just say, Mr. Hoffa is not watching the Giants game alone.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby S said:
Yea man, I'm just interested in being able to hunt together and stuff. I think both of our detectors go hand in hand. Just gotta know our machines. I hope you find a lot of good things and I hope I find quite a few things
Yes i no i feel the same

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whether you realize it or not, your list of pluses for the AT don't list anything that actually makes it detect better.
The Vaguero can hunt in water as long as one doesn't go up to the box
The Vaquero also has good audio
The Vaquero doesn't have a screen, but a screen doesn't add to the sensitivity or actually improve detecting ability
The Vaquero has both all metal and discrimination modes which is all you need. The other modes are the factories way of adding bells and whistles that may or may not be helpful to the operator

The advice to just enjoy the hunt together is right on
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread