Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took my cousin and her son to the beach this weekend and when I got ready to go mding he said he and his dad were hunting arrowheads near a farm in Siler City, North Carolina. He said it had been raining and they were finding arrowheads all over the place. He said he was walking through a spot that was a little dryer trying to shake the mud off his boots when he saw the edge of a coin poking out of the ground. He pulled it out and he said it had 18?? (he wasn't sure) and had a picture of a womans face on it and that it was big as a fifty cent piece but heavier. He showed it to his dad who said "Neat son." and handed it back to him. He said he took it to his dads and stuck it in his piggy bank. I flipped out and asked him 100 questions about it, few of which he had answers (he's 13 and not into coins and mding at all, he hunts arrowheads and deer) He went with me one time and found a merc first shot out of the barrel, he's just lucky! He said he would bring it to his mom's (my cousin) next Monday after he spends next weekend at his dad's house. He also said he wasn't going to make a big deal out of it in front of his dad's new wife because she'd take it to the flea market and sell it... aaaahhhem...
He said he could take me back to the spot where he found it (he said it was near and old barn) , and the people gave them permission to hunt arrowheads and dig for old bottles and stuff, and to keep whatever they found. I'll keep you posted, this sounds too good to be true, but I guess I'll find out in a week or so.

HH,
Ramapirate

Oh yeah, ps update on the meteorite: There is a friend of mine in a club in Georgia that has someone at a university that will test it for free and let me know if it is for sure, what it's made out of, and where it's from, etc. I'm going to try to send it down this week, I'm just going to trust them with the whole thing, I don't want to have to cut 20% of it off and send it and that's how much they need to test it.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Rama, sounds like a place I'd like to visit myself! Numerous scenarios to get your blood pumping, maybe an old leather pouch of stolen gold, plowed under and one made its way to the surface? I would take a day off work if I had an opportunity like that ;D.

Good Luck and hope it turns out to be the MOTHER LOAD! ;D

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Good luck Ramapirate hope you have some great finds. After all as a MCSE 2003 and other certifications someone needs some great posts to represent IT.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread