Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Papa,

I have a diploma in locksmithing ;) But like you have not done much for quite sometime, except make a key or two. I dont know why, but just love keys and locks, they fascinate me.
Used to be in charge of all the locksmithing for 4 blocks of flats. Every so often a tenant would make a duck in the night and take the keys with them.... I would have to pick 3 different locks on the door, each a different type of lock, and make keys for them, and swop the locks with another empty flat in case the tenants came back for some reason. great fun ;D
I was also called to a flat that had a safe in the wall.... you could pull the safe out, and when shaken could hear stuff inside. Well that was just irresistable to let go. So we picked this safe and got it open. there was nuts and bolts inside with a bit note that read "Sucker" on it. This person had a great sense of humour on him for sure. Another time I was asked by an oldish chap if I could open an old trunk.... It was a sailors trunk that was designed as a wardrobe for uniforms..... This trunk belonged to his grandfather. Well trunks are easy, so had it open with a paperclip in two ticks..... It still had old military sailor uniforms in, and in the small drawers was some coins, badges and medals. And best of all the lid was covered in photo's of the guys family and wife..... The guy that asked me to open the trunk was in tears.

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
pgill, One that I remember best was a "MIB" van,one with all the gizmos and goodies in the back.Doors locked,keys inside.Belive me,that was not your average car door lock !! Took me some time to open that one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread