LOCKSMITH ?

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
papa how do you fix a master lock #40 with the key broken off flush in the lock ??? i sent it back to masterlock mike in atlanta

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Knapper,I'm a little rusty,is that the silver pad lock,round,with a short shackle? Anyway,is there a small pin hole on the back side? Some do,some don't.If there is,a small probe may push it back out the front.Or,use a very little extractor,with a slight hook on the end.You may have to make one out of tempered spring steel.Run this along the side of the key,use a flat pick up push up pins on top,and gradually work to the rear.After you have a bit of key out,use a small surgical clamp and pop it out. Nothing to it ;D Oh,you might a fresh pot of coffee,extra pack of smokes to past the time. :)

fldiver

Mar 12, 2006
I worked for a Locksmith for about three years.

As far as the Broken key in the key way papa is right and what he is refering to is what we called key screws or extractors, its a very thin, threaded rod that you screw in between the key and key way. Make sure that the key is in the correct position to ensure the shear line, then snatch it out. You can sometimes make one out of a paper clip. They will sometimes fully remove the key, if not then it will get it out far enough to get a hold of it with a surgical clamp like papa said.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
bvdk,I checked out the site,not bad,brings back a lot of night mares.BUT,just remember,just having lock picks and related tools is a felony in most states.You must be licensed and bonded.Belive me,it's not as easy as you see on TV. (Look Out,Locksmith story to follow)
Some years ago,I got a call from the county sheriff,wanted to know if I could get into a new Lincon.OK,so they give me direction,dirt road half way up a mountain.When I get there,the car is surrounded with cops.Inside the car is three of the town's up standing citizen's.Drunk as a monkey,and won't open the door's.I got the door open,Man,that was one pack of mad cops.Never did see anything in the papers about it. :D

S

shreddah

damn. I could have used a locksmith to get my laundry money back from my "slumlords" who wouldnt fix the washer and dryer. the washer didnt clean the clothes. and the dryer took 2 times to dry the clothes. thats 3 dollars a load. HIGHWAY ROBBERY I TELL YAH.

anyways, it was one of those weird circle key locks and I read about picking them online. how you have to push down all the pins and stuff... man that is tricky. never did get my money back. and when i complained they basically told me tough shit. if i put my money in there and it didnt work that it was my problem NOT theirs.

thankfully I moved out!

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Yeah,I know where you are comming from.Some people don't care about anything,just make more money. I've always believed that "What goes around,comes around" Just sit back,and watch.May take awhile,but it will catch up with them. :) Would you believe that there is a pick just for "round key locks" There are several ways to by pass one,but I won't tell you how.Hate to see you get in trouble ;D I can see it now,"Well Sir,this old fart told me how to do it,Just wanted to see if it worked" ::)
Lets go MDing before it rains !!

S

shreddah

papa said:
Yeah,I know where you are comming from.Some people don't care about anything,just make more money. I've always believed that "What goes around,comes around" Just sit back,and watch.May take awhile,but it will catch up with them. :) Would you believe that there is a pick just for "round key locks" There are several ways to by pass one,but I won't tell you how.Hate to see you get in trouble ;D I can see it now,"Well Sir,this old fart told me how to do it,Just wanted to see if it worked" ::)
Lets go MDing before it rains !!

hahah. naw Id never tell, but either way I dont live there now and its for the better anyways. yes, they do have whats coming to them because they do not have trust accounts for peoples deposits. they spend them from what I know. but I wont go after them for our deposit instead I just left all the stuff I didnt want and told them they can have it since they have my deposit they need to work for it. hahah. I felt kind of bad but they really did take me for a lot of money because we have two dogs. we had one when we moved in and it was a 500 deposit plus 500 pet deposit and then we got our second one and they said we needed to pay another 250 deposit. The rent a month was 575 so thats like 2.5 months worth of rent in just deposits. not to mention we paid or first and last. total bullcrap.

but anyways, its not up to fire code so i reported them to our local department. the capped off the hoses when these peopel lived there cause their kid would turn the water on an leave it running but when they moved out they refused to fix it. there is also a mold problem from what I can tell. we had cracks in our bathroom and mold started coming through so i spent tons of money and time to repair it...... patching the cracks..... kilz kilz kilz and then repainting it. but I think the entire inside of the ubilding is probably molding and if it isnt its going to now because in the spring they allowed some birds to peck a hole in the siding and they refuse to repair it so now winter is coming and here in seattle it rains a lot so its going to be a big problem and now the building is really not going to be up to code.

currently im trying to figure out where i can report severe mold problems. I think it would be the health department or something, because there is three small children that live there. and I was sick for 3 months bedridden and i think it was from that...... I dunno. thankfullly we are outta there now that our lease is up.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I'm glad you moved out,bet you feel a lot better now.I don't think I would even walk past that place. Since there are children there,try social services,sound like child endangerment to me.The worst part is,where are they going to go from there? Hopefully some place better. But maybe the owners will see the light and bring thing up to code ??? Bet the owners don't live there. ... Have a good one ;D

S

shreddah

papa said:
I'm glad you moved out,bet you feel a lot better now.I don't think I would even walk past that place. Since there are children there,try social services,sound like child endangerment to me.The worst part is,where are they going to go from there? Hopefully some place better. But maybe the owners will see the light and bring thing up to code ??? Bet the owners don't live there. ... Have a good one ;D

oh no of course they dont. they have a really nice house on the other side of town. the sad thing is that it was actually decent when we moved in. I mean it was clean-ish and liveable and they seemed to keep up the outside really nicely. but they dont do anything around the apartments and they even asked me if i would clean the laundry room even though i stopped doing my laundry there 2 months after moving in. haha. I told them not unless they took 50 bucks off my rent a month.

yeah. the kids are in a bad situation anyways. I love those kids like my own cause I bonded with them so much and their dad is really abusive to them so i have already called cps a few times on him but somehow they always convince cps theres no problems. even the daycare calls on them. i figure if i call enough eventually they will remove the children. I can just hope that it happens before its too late. thats a good idea. Ill try calling there and seeing cause i called the health department and they werent sure and tried to forward me to the environmental section but the phone just rang for like 10 minutes.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) ;) ;D

Attachments

• P1010768.JPG
    P1010768.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 249
  • P1010769.JPG
    P1010769.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 251
  • P1010770.JPG
    P1010770.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 245
S

shreddah

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) seee thats what I would have needed. haha. I was so angry I even tried to see what I could buy online. haha

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
bvdf,I got one just like it ;D Since you got that map all dirty,can I have it ::) By the way,are you having trouble with your tension wrenches ??? Not long enough,or not stiff enough,like for a master pad lock ??? I can tell you how to make a killer tension wrench. I even found some of my old tools,big pin kit,whole bag of picks,safe books,some vehicle tools,forgot I had those.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAPA
havent played with these in a while
i used to site around at night when i was single ::) and picklocks for poops and smiles
my brother did repo work for few years has piles of master keys ::)
and stories
like the time he repod a car and the guy chased him down the drive
dead of night in a snow storm he couldnt see out the windows
later he found the guys work boots in the car size 15 :o
the new rage now is "bumping "
i bought these from a guy who "found them"'
for 40 bucks for the lot

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
bvdk, you got a deal on those.The pick alone cost more than that. This is the third time I've typed this,every time I use a "smiley face" it wipes out what I have typed. Tell you one of my storiess later on. I'm give out from typing this and the storie three times !!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pm me no need for smiles ;)

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Hey BVDK,Are you still using those old, oily,dirty maps ? They would fit nicely with the rest of my old,oily,dirty maps. ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh papa
these maps are clean :D
actually i bought this book for 20 bucks in the bargain bin at
barnes and noble look into it ;)

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Barnes and noble, around here ? Cloest thing here would be Wal-Mart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread