Tell if this would make you mad!!

bonus2003

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my take on this. The United States as a country does not give a crap about who they let on the road or who is on the road anyway. First off we will let anyone and everyone drive, especially people who are so old they do not belong on their own let alone behind the wheel of a car. There is little to no training that goes into getting your license and as long as you don't forget to renew it you basically never have to take the test again until your dead. In other countries you have to be 18 or 21 to get your license, and the license costs thousands of dollars and you have intensive training you have to pass in order to get the license, they also retest you periodically. Also if you are a felon, convicted of DUI, or wreckless use of an automobile, more than likely in the US you can still drive. It is harder to get a permit to own a Concealed Carry license in Ohio than it is to get a drivers license. In my opinion being able to kill a family of 5 or 7 by running head first into them at 100mph because your drunk or late for work is much more dangerous than someone with a pistol. What we need to do besides changing the regulations for getting a license and keeping a license is making these people responsible for the accidents they cause. Saying someone didn't mean to get someone killed because they cut a truck off, is not a good argument. That person can and should know that by driving recklessly like that it can and often times will get someone killed. To me that's the same thing as waving a gun around with the safety off, is it going to fire, 999 out of 1000 no, but I have the peace of mind to know that it could happen and that's why you don't do it. I am terrified of the way people drive, they put more thought into what kind of coffee they drink in the morning than driving to work. i will stop my rant but I strongly feel this is a under estimated problem in our country and why i buy the safest cars that money can buy.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Ur point is well taken on ur views of USA drivers but the original poster states his wife was driving in Canada.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bonus2003; Well said. !!! Case in Point. A drunk driver killed my wife in 1998. He lived. He did not care nor even thought about his actions. He thus used his car like a gun and MURDERED my wife. Me, I can not get a Fire Arms Permit without a lot of testing etc. that is to bad. If I had one he'd be dead. !!! It was his 11th Conviction for DUI. He is now in Jail for "LIFE". :angry4: Good Riddance. Just think. That saves me one bullet anyway. !!! :evil6:

Hi buzzgator; I think the problem is International.

HI Brian; How was your Date ??

dnuggett

Greenie
Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
Ur point is well taken on ur views of USA drivers but the original poster states his wife was driving in Canada.

Now don't go ruining a perfectly good diatribe with facts!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI heat45; I'm not sure if the solution is in your hands in your Avatar. !!! That Judge really is a Miscarriage of Justice. That is just plain "DUMB". !!! What kind of Kangaroo Court is that anyway. I'm gonna stop because I'm getting ticked just thinking of that debacle ok.

Question : Was she ever compensated for her Damages ??? Was she hurt ??? Is she ok now??? I wish you and your Mom well. PEACE:RONB

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I empathize - my friend was killed because of a drunk driver. I still think about her. My sister-in-law, was in the same car, and almost did not make it either. 5 months in the hospital.

Its not just the young girls - in fact - I think the 30-50 year old age is the most dangerous. They have been driving long enough to be completely confident that they can get out of any situation, and, I believe, pay less attention, as they have done things many times in a car, and gotten away with it. They are the folks that say they haven't had a accident in 20 years - but they have absolutely no idea how many they have caused.

Either way - THAT is the only good use of a cellphone in a car - call 911 when there is someone being a hazard on the road - it may save a life, and it could be yours or someone you love.

Beth

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Beth; My Condolences to you. I'm glad your Daughter In Law Is ok. I hope they got that Rat .I'll pray for them ok. PEACE:RONB

Hi heat45; Gee that Avatar keeps looking better all the time. I will pray for you and yours ok. Best Wishes. Busy right now ok. Thanks.
PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first off she should be armed on a three hour trip. Then let her decide what todo in what instance.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Just another barber; Yep. I'd like to dig the ditch myself for him. I'd make it nice and deep and just a bit uncomfortable, hahahaha. :tard:
Rocks Anyone ??? :violent1: :evil6: >:D ;D

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
homefires said:
LOL! I turn 54 this year!

The ones you have to keep a eye on here are the Young Girls.

Some of them think there Bullet Proof.
That is the mentality of ALL younguns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread