Tell if this would make you mad!!

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is one of those stories you might read about, this happened to my wife tonight. Today was snowing a fare amount here, blowing snow and white outs, My wife works out of Toronto, it is about three hours at the best of times from home, she works in the middle of the city,she also works from home but she has to go to Toronto for meetings, which she did yesterday. She emailed me today and asked how the wheather was, blowing some and about 4-5 inches has fallen here, not alot unless you get on the open road with the wind blowing, which is the 401, there are thousands of cars that drive that road every day. On her way home, she was minding her own business, then this transport came by her at a fast speed in a white out, he passed another car then he back off and for some reason, she said he was blowing his horn at her, my wife had done nothing to piss him off, she said he had something in his hand that reflected in his mirror and in my wife's eyes, she said it blinded her, she is lucky that she did not get get killed. My hands are shaking with anger while I write this. If this driver had made my wife crash, they would have never known what happened and the driver would be home with his family. How does this make you feel. :angry5:

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
homefires said:
Getting mad won't fix it. There out there.
If I caught him he might not like me to much. :help:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian C. said:
homefires said:

I hope she had the composure to get the license plate number?

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave44 said:
Brian C. said:
homefires said:

I hope she had the composure to get the license plate number?
No she did not have time, it was a complete white out, she said it was to dark to try. The 401 is a fast moving highway, the snow does not slow down these idiot drivers. Every one today is in a big hurry, if they are slowed down in any way they get up set. I hope if this driver reads this he or she might think next time before they almost kill people!!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brian; That would infuriate me because ---

my own gal was killed by a drunk driver in 1998 when my daughter was 2 yrs old. To me "ANYONE" that acts like that is in effect comitting
"Attempted Murder" if not actual "MURDER". Sorry but I have absolutely NO pity for anyone who acts like that. I hope you reported the incident to the Police. I actually caught a drunk driver about 7 months ago. I yanked him out of that car and pinned him on the ground until the Police came. He got lucky. I won't elaborate either. I definitely understand your anger and I agree with it. People who talk and text are to me the worst offenders because they are so bleeping arrogant about their behavior. It galls me to no end. Anyway, I'm glad your wife although shaken is physically alright. I wish you the best ok. Please also REPORT "any" incidents like that to the Police ok. I do and I make "sure" I get their License Plate numbers. As I said I have no pity for "anyone" like that. It seems that the only way they will learn is after they get bagged a few times. , I'll be glad to assist ok. Anyway, may God bless you and yours ok.
PEACE:RONB :icon_thumright:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it would make me mad!!!!

Still,

Let it go. There is nothing you can do about it now. Of course, there is no excuse for anyone acting like this. The positive, if there is a positive, is that the trucker didn't use his rig as a weapon to intimedate your wife. Those situations can end badly and the car always loses.

For those who say they would retaliate, a bigger mistake. Let it go! This guy is nothing to you. He is one of a million jerks on the road. Most aren't driving trucks. If a trucker does this to you, if you can, get the truck Co name and truck number. A phone call to police, employer, or ins company is much more powerful than anything you are going to do out on the highway. And much smarter!!!

Yesterday on a road near my house a car cut off a dump truck. The trucker swerved to avoid the car, lost control of the truck when the load shifted, rolling the truck over onto an oncoming car. The driver of that car, a woman, was killed instantly. The driver of the car who caused the wreck was tracked down and is now under investigation. Charges are pending. The truck driver was slightly injured, but along with living with this for the rest of his life will lose his job.

Here's the thing: The driver who caused the crash didn't set out to cause the wreck. That driver was, well, like a lot of people, in a rush and thinking only of themselves. Pulling out from a side street in front of a truck going 45 mph, they made a big mistake. They were careless. That mistake got someone who wasn't careless killed. And, ruined a lot of lives.

The message: Move forward, it could have ended a lot differently. In our neighborhood a mommy isn't coming home ever again.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Dude! How long are you going to go ON and ON about this?

Like was said, It's done and over.

Chances are something like this is going to happen again some day.

Chit happens in life.

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
homefires said:
Dude! How long are you going to go ON and ON about this?

Like was said, It's done and over.

Chances are something like this is going to happen again some day.

Chit happens in life.
May be so, but it is time more people report drivers like this to police. I see so many bad drivers making bad mistakes every day. I think that every one should redew their drivers road test every 5 years, this would make more jobs and maybe get some bad drivers off the road. By the way, what age category are you in?

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
LOL! I turn 54 this year!

The ones you have to keep a eye on here are the Young Girls.

Some of them think there Bullet Proof.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI folks; I can't help thinking that ----

even though it is true that we need to use a level head I can't help wonder how many of you would like to try and explain that ideaology to that innocent womans kids or how many of you would like to try and explain that to my kid who lost her Mother when she was only 2 years old. Gee, that could be fun; maybe. I'll even set up a place for you to sleep overnight ok.
Me, I don't care who any of us are. I agree that yes Bad things happen. Even to good people. That yes We do need to use a given amount of Forgiveness when they happen but I also fully believe that We all have an obligation to REPORT this type of behavior no matter where or how We encounter it. That for us not to do so is in fact an negation of our own Civic Duties regardless of where We live. That if We, God Forbid, should "EVER" encounter a situation where We could have or should have taken whatever Action We needed to in order to prevent another innocent person from being hurt and do not do so I would not want to be you on your Judgement Day.
That to just dismiss this behavior as an "OOPS" or an "Oh Well." is to me a very arrogant attitude that grasps at the very roots of what causes this type of incredibly Wanton behavior. That until every single one of us in fact takes a stand and does what is necessary based on each case We encounter this behavior will continue unabated with zero end in sight.
I even dare say that if every single one of us does not do "What Is Right" in these cases then We are in fact Guilty of allowing this behavior to continue and yes We are all, myself included, just as Guilty as Individuals of having caused these accidents and that We are also Guilty of having the very Blood of these innocent victims and the Grief of their Families on Our own hands by proxy.
Hence it is that I ask, if not beg, each of you not to treat these incidents with any degree of triviality. I thank you, my Daughter thanks you and my Deceased Wife thanks you, and I'm sure that innocent womans Family thanks you and yes even every Innocent Victim that ever was hurt or killed thanks you as well. THANK YOU.

Now to Brian C.; Yes I do understand your anger. It made me angry just reading it and it opened some old feelings I have not felt in a long time but I ask, if not beg you NOT to embrace that Anger but rather reject it and turn that Anger into a Positive Action by doing what you can each time you encounter these situations . If I may give you a suggestion : "Tonight", you take your Wife out on the Town. !!! Paint that Town Red, White and/or Blue so to speak., Buy her a nice gift and then Love her as only you can. When your done get down on your knees and praise God for the fact that she is still in your life and for His Gracious Mercy in protecting her during that incident ok. I wish you well.
May God Bless Each Of You And Yours. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: HI folks; I can't help thinking that ----

BARKER said:
even though it is true that we need to use a level head I can't help wonder how many of you would like to try and explain that ideaology to that innocent womans kids or how many of you would like to try and explain that to my kid who lost her Mother when she was only 2 years old. Gee, that could be fun; maybe. I'll even set up a place for you to sleep overnight ok.
Me, I don't care who any of us are. I agree that yes Bad things happen. Even to good people. That yes We do need to use a given amount of Forgiveness when they happen but I also fully believe that We all have an obligation to REPORT this type of behavior no matter where or how We encounter it. That for us not to do so is in fact an negation of our own Civic Duties regardless of where We live. That if We, God Forbid, should "EVER" encounter a situation where We could have or should have taken whatever Action We needed to in order to prevent another innocent person from being hurt and do not do so I would not want to be you on your Judgement Day.
That to just dismiss this behavior as an "OOPS" or an "Oh Well." is to me a very arrogant attitude that grasps at the very roots of what causes this type of incredibly Wanton behavior. That until every single one of us in fact takes a stand and does what is necessary based on each case We encounter this behavior will continue unabated with zero end in sight.
I even dare say that if every single one of us does not do "What Is Right" in these cases then We are in fact Guilty of allowing this behavior to continue and yes We are all, myself included, just as Guilty as Individuals of having caused these accidents and that We are also Guilty of having the very Blood of these innocent victims and the Grief of their Families on Our own hands by proxy.
Hence it is that I ask, if not beg, each of you not to treat these incidents with any degree of triviality. I thank you, my Daughter thanks you and my Deceased Wife thanks you, and I'm sure that innocent womans Family thanks you and yes even every Innocent Victim that ever was hurt or killed thanks you as well. THANK YOU.

Now to Brian C.; Yes I do understand your anger. It made me angry just reading it and it opened some old feelings I have not felt in a long time but I ask, if not beg you NOT to embrace that Anger but rather reject it and turn that Anger into a Positive Action by doing what you can each time you encounter these situations . If I may give you a suggestion : "Tonight", you take your Wife out on the Town. !!! Paint that Town Red, White and/or Blue so to speak., Buy her a nice gift and then Love her as only you can. When your done get down on your knees and praise God for the fact that she is still in your life and for His Gracious Mercy in protecting her during that incident ok. I wish you well.
May God Bless Each Of You And Yours. PEACE:RONB
Thanks for the kind words. I have cooled down since it happened.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brian C. ; Your ver welcome. Now, How was your Date with your Wife ??? :icon_thumright:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact is, in my neck of the woods, the police don't want to hear it. The state 800 number for reporting drunk or aggressive drivers is a joke. You need to tell them exactly where you are right down to the mile marker. Problem is, most roads don't have mile markers. So, the operator answering this important number tells you to call the local police. If you call the local police on the 911 number they get pissed off at you for calling in a non emergency. The call goes nowhere. if you are fortunate enough to know the correct non emergency police number of whatever town you are traveling through, once connected to the right person in the right department they start with 20 questions. The point here is that in reality, there is no reporting drunks or other dangerous drivers. The cities, towns, and state's who promote reporting are providing no more than lip service to make it look like they are proactively attacking the problem. It is frustrating.

With truckers it's different story. Placing a call to a safety director or company owner can get results. I've only done this a few times when the extreme actions of the trucker warranted the call. IOW, I don't care what you think I did to you, do not use your truck as a weapon or to intimidate me!!!! And, definitely don't do it when my kids are in the car!!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in the thing he had in his hand that he reflected in his mirror, blinded the missus, and this all happened in a white-out and it was visible. I would like to have that thing.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I am interested in the thing he had in his hand that he reflected in his mirror, blinded the missus, and this all happened in a white-out and it was visible. I would like to have that thing.

I think that thing would have many uses. I would like to have one too, please.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave 44 & Rginn; on your Posts. I'm just curious here ok. I wonder what you would do if that bright shiny thing turned out to be a gun ???? Gee, I think I could find some uses for that like what I'd call an " Idiot Driver Butt Reamer." !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I could put it t good use. !!!! :tongue3: :angel12:
Just think ; I can see their "GLOW' now !!!! :laughing9: PEACE:RONB

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER said:
Hi Dave 44 & Rginn; on your Posts. I'm just curious here ok. I wonder what you would do if that bright shiny thing turned out to be a gun ???? Gee, I think I could find some uses for that like what I'd call an " Idiot Driver Butt Reamer." !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I could put it t good use. !!!! :tongue3: :angel12:
Just think ; I can see their "GLOW' now !!!! :laughing9: PEACE:RONB

Fyi, I have a few guns, but none of the emit a bright, blinding light without an aftereffect.
Peace

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
My guess would be a laser. You can make an extremely bright and dangerous one out of the cd burner on a computer...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread