If you knew were a Cache or Lost Treasure ??

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stonewallsmen said:
This brings up something I have slightly wondered about. I am still really new to this hobby. I have met tons of people that are extremely friendly, and very helpful. These people always seem to offer up advice, which is greatly appreciated, but refuse to take you out, or invite on hunts. By no means am I wanting to go and take over hunting on someone else sites, but it would be nice to get out and hunt with other people, instead of by myself. Any thoughts?

Look in the TENN forum. Probably several folks in your area (or close) that would love to go hunting with you. :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Stonewallsmen, Here's an idea. Research a likely site then invite another hunter to go with you to check it out. The thing with a hunting partner is you share information for mutual benefit. This is better than asking to go to someone else's site in that you contribute to the hunt. I have taken several new hunters out to show them the ropes and I could tell they appreciated it. What the h..ell you can't take experience with you when you go. Frank

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As most know I will not show any pictures or even tell what i have found .........
Are you kidding me? For anything? Ever? Not even wheat cents, or Rosies? Don't you think that's a little extreme? Oh well, to each his own.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
bearbqd said:
As most know I will not show any pictures or even tell what i have found .........
Are you kidding me? For anything? Ever? Not even wheat cents, or Rosies? Don't you think that's a little extreme? Oh well, to each his own.
That is right my finds are my business...... Not any one else's.... And junk finds like that is not worth showing.........

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though im ridiculed you are all still my friends.I kept everything a secret for years.I felt that everyone even myself kept their treasure hunting secret, Wich is ok.I spoke to a respectable, very knowledgeable old timer on this net.he told me if I found some talk to everybody and give them information on one treasure.one person who wanted to join me in retrieving my treasures helped me size the picture of the horse so I could submit it took the picture and ran off.I know who he is and who his uncle is.but that's ok because you need the other map to enter in the right place.so I wish him good hunting.I located over twenty, so to my silent advisor I shared.Simone above fortunately said something positive and I thank you.if nobody wants to share why talk on the net.people dream of learning to search for treasures.so when someone trust to help me others you are fround at.there are two people who I think are true friends who share photos and share their ideas for all to see.one is my friend franklin.hopefully I opened the door wider for treasure hunting.that some will believe that some myths were really true friends and you can walk out your door for a trip to look for a lost sealed treasure mine. Good hunting

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
peralta said:
Even though im ridiculed you are all still my friends.I kept everything a secret for years.I felt that everyone even myself kept their treasure hunting secret, Wich is ok.I spoke to a respectable, very knowledgeable old timer on this net.he told me if I found some talk to everybody and give them information on one treasure.one person who wanted to join me in retrieving my treasures helped me size the picture of the horse so I could submit it took the picture and ran off.I know who he is and who his uncle is.but that's ok because you need the other map to enter in the right place.so I wish him good hunting.I located over twenty, so to my silent advisor I shared.Simone above fortunately said something positive and I thank you.if nobody wants to share why talk on the net.people dream of learning to search for treasures.so when someone trust to help me others you are fround at.there are two people who I think are true friends who share photos and share their ideas for all to see.one is my friend franklin.hopefully I opened the door wider for treasure hunting.that some will believe that some myths were really true friends and you can walk out your door for a trip to look for a lost sealed treasure mine. Good hunting
That's why i say do not put thing's like your's up in the forum's...... You can not trust some one you do not know....... They might seem nice on the fourm "but" you really do not know if they have a dark side........

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
"gleaner1" & "Bigscoop "..............Ya guys she is nice & as far as i know still single.....

Attachments

• pirates3.jpg
    pirates3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,122
  • pirates3.jpg
    pirates3.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,135

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the reply peppy.if you need any help on treasure signs or you want to join us in Arizona to dig in march or april.im going to post more signs left by the Jesuits this week.take care

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You raise an excellent point Keppy.

The minor finds I typically make I don't mind posting. I don't feel like I'm bragging or anything, just sharing, especially since most of my finds aren't that spectacular. I also do it sometimes to show what kinds of targets that particular detector is capable of making and how deep.

But when it comes to a really big find, like worth thousands of dollars, you'd better believe I'll keep quiet. Sure, I'd feel like I'd burst if I didn't share some incredible find with somebody, but that's why I have a wife I can trust! ;D

To post incredible finds does strike me as a bad idea as it can garner a whole lot of attention you really don't want from people you'd rather avoid. So Keppy, I'm with you. Ego or not, it can lead to trouble.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
bearbqd....smashing avatar. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks bud, two of those found recently within half a mile from each other.

bcinbucks

Dec 30, 2007
Philadelphia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
Ego is correct, but In technical terms it is officially known as Dillusions of Granduer Manifested in an Internet Medium (such as Tnet). I see it all the time. It's as simple as it gets. Rest assured, we all see thru this crap too.

100 % Correct!!!!

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
My bs detector is picking up a strong green eyed monster signal. I think the delusional/paranoid thinking is in thinking if u post pics of ur finds someone is going to try and take it from you! Yes it has happened, is it a common thing no. If ur not here to look at others finds or post n share ur own along with ur knowledge then why even bother wastein ur time coming on a SOCIAL network site? I do understand not posting a huge find but to not post any at all seems way over the top. And if someone else posts what you think or may know to be bs y would it bother u? They r the ones that have to live with the lie not u. HH and hope u have a great day.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
well, it's a social network, but it is also an information sharing network. I get on here to feel the pulse of the TH community. I also like to help other hunters kind of like improving the breed and at the same time picking up some good tips. Hay, no one knows it all! Sure the mix includes some bull sheeters and a few" fishermen" but that goes with almost any group. After you have been on here a while you have a good idea who the GOOD GUYS are. Frank

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
well, it's a social network, but it is also an information sharing network. I get on here to feel the pulse of the TH community. I also like to help other hunters kind of like improving the breed and at the same time picking up some good tips. Hay, no one knows it all! Sure the mix includes some bull sheeters and a few" fishermen" but that goes with almost any group. After you have been on here a while you have a good idea who the GOOD GUYS are. Frank
You got that right Frank! :thumbsup:

I have made some really good friends here.. Some I have met and shared time with.. Others my fingers just share what my mind thinks.. I log on, Check Pm's, Unreal Replies.. After typing to my friends, Whether it be Personal or just BS.. I then go about my day..

Friends are friends, Whether be typing to a name with an Avater, Or talking to the Wall :laughing9: At least they answer, The wall don't :tongue3:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
peralta said:
Thank you for the reply peppy.if you need any help on treasure signs or you want to join us in Arizona to dig in march or april.im going to post more signs left by the Jesuits this week.take care
peralta...........Thanks for the offer but i don't know you and you don't know me...... Could be we would get along like oil & water........

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Keppy, jest curious, are you the oil or the water ? lol Frank

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used