Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2012
    Tesoro Silver Umax
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

New Detector Decision

Hi,

I am looking to get back into detecting. I can not spend more than 250.00 right now. I was thinking an Ace 250 from KellyCo for general detecting around the house and local parks. Any other suggestions/other suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3355 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: New Detector Decision

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDetector27
    Hi,

I am looking to get back into detecting. I can not spend more than 250.00 right now. I was thinking an Ace 250 from KellyCo for general detecting around the house and local parks. Any other suggestions/other suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks
    The Ace 250 is a fanstastic machine! You should also consider the Tesoro Compadre at $160.00 which would leave you enough for kneepads and a Lesche digger!

us
    Aug 2011
    79 times

all the name brand detectors would work my grandson used my ace 250 and he had a hard time with it we got him a coinmaster pro by whites and he just loves it i think it may be a little easir to use than the ace all i can say is get the best one that you can afford because you may want to upgrede before you know it dennis

us
    Jan 2012
    Tesoro Silver Umax

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalDetector27
    Hi,

Thanks
    The Ace 250 is a fanstastic machine! You should also consider the Tesoro Compadre at $160.00 which would leave you enough for kneepads and a Lesche digger!
    I have kneepads already and a digger! The one thing I like about the 250 is the pinpoint. Do you know if it searches deeper than the Tesoro? Also, does the 250 have to be in motion to detect like the Tesoro?

As far as the Mhz are concerned, I have no idea what to look for, but I am not spending much so I cannot be too picky.

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    37 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

SAVE YOUR MONEY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ........don't waste it on a ace 250......you allready have $250 to spend keep adding to till you can spend $350-$375 an go buy a Tesoro a good machine something you can pick up fairly cheap learn an have a great time with an find stuff with .

Give Mike a call at Woodland Detectors , Mike is a member here an a great down to earth family guy an he wont steer you wrong .

you can PM him threw the site or call him at 855-966-3563 that's 7 days a week tell him I sent ya

Good luck Tank
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    Jan 2012
    Tesoro Silver Umax

Quote Originally Posted by Tank69
    SAVE YOUR MONEY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ........don't waste it on a ace 250......you allready have $250 to spend keep adding to till you can spend $350-$375 an go buy a Tesoro a good machine something you can pick up fairly cheap learn an have a great time with an find stuff with .

Give Mike a call at Woodland Detectors , Mike is a member here an a great down to earth family guy an he wont steer you wrong .

you can PM him threw the site or call him at 855-966-3563 that's 7 days a week tell him I sent ya

Good luck Tank
    Going with the Silver Umax. Hoping to find some good stuff with it

Sponsors