tools

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
for the little things i use a flea market {3 bucks} bowie type hunting knife with a 13 inch blade for cutting plugs and a thin very long phillips head screwdriver covered in rubberized tool coating available at hardware stores for pinpointing........medium things a GOOD military shovel {not chinese} and a peice of 5 ft long 3/8 inch ground rod from lowes {less than 10 bucks}........anything bigger get a large trackhoe, rentable around $750.00 + - a day.....oh and have fun,, the main thing.......gldhntr

BigMESA

Sep 21, 2006
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
gldhntr said:
for the little things i use a flea market {3 bucks} bowie type hunting knife with a 13 inch blade for cutting plugs

Holy crap! I hope you don't go to the park cutting plugs! :o

I have a backpack with the following in it I wear when I hunt:

1 Crown Royal bag for my keepsakes
1 plastic grocery bag to dispose my trash with
1 towel to place my freshly dug dirt on
1 10" Filet knife that has a light serrated edge to it (makes quick work of any roots)
1 10" Buck Knife in case I have to stab at the ground, the blade is extra thick.
1 small military style shovel/pick made by Coleman
1 Stainless Steel Garden Trowel
1 Really long (approx 15") screwdriver that the metal piece has been dipped into a hard plastic melt so it won't scratch whatever it hits.

I also carry Coin Holders (the white cardboard ones with the plastic see through circle) and a stapler for any really good coins I find. And there is a big shovel in the bed of my truck for those really deep ones that just piss me off >:(

Oh yea don't forget snacks :P

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesche hand digger and Lesche Predator is all you'll ever need. Maybe a pinpointer till you get things down pat.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i agree with night stalker. the lesche predator is a superb digging tool.

OP
OP
S

shreddah

thanks. :) those lesche tools look nice. might invest in some down the line. but I think Ill have to wait a bit and figure out what I can duct tape together or come up with from tools around the house.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shreddah said:
point me in the direction of some standard MD'ing tools.

as ive told "papa" Ive got an old garden shovel a kitchen knife, and a litle poker thing with a wood handle.... I know this is not suitable. is there a standard get up. im sure someone has posted an ideal set. come on LINKS

http://www.fiskars.com/US/Garden/Product+Detail?contentId=97333 details on my post for digging tool.....

Mike T

Oct 4, 2006
I bought a tool from a guy who custom builds them and sells them on e-bay. He has 5 or 6 different models but the one I got is called "the digger" its long and narrow like a pipe cut in half and tapered it leaves a very small hole but can go deep, its the strongest I've found and very reasonable was maybe $13 or $14 with a belt loop. Go to E-bay and look for detecting tools or diggers ,you'll find it. He also makes a tool called the coin popper, that looks good, he has a website where he demonstrates how to use his stuff. I feel they're the best I've found. Mike T
I found his website: www.flex.com/~sgyoung/indexD.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread