Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what your day will look like when you retire.
Wake up, clean up and head to the convience store to get a cup of coffee, while in the store look on the floor for dropped change, ask cashier for any odd coins, pay half price for coffee if you bring in your own cup. Stop by the bank and pick up a box or two of coins for coin roll hunting. Go the nearest thrift shop to look for anything to sale on ebay. Hit a garage sale or two depending on season and if lucky an estate sale. Go check on your favorite dumpsters for dumpster diving. Depending on if school is in or not go to either the parks or schools for a little metal detecting. Getting to be mid morning so go to a fast food place for something to eat and look for dropped change at the drive thru. Need more batteries for the detector go to store while there check the coinstar and other machines for forgotten change. Go to another bank and drop off all the clad from previous day of coin roll hunting, ask for halves etc. Stop by the local flee market if open see if you can find any thing good there. Getting late in the afternoon, more metal detecting where ever you see a good spot. Time to head home, when you get home pull all the change out of your pocket check for Merc dimes, indian head pennies etc. Check to see if anything has sold on ebay. Also do quick search on Clist for next day gsales. Fix something to eat and read treasurenet to see how everybody but you were lucky on any of the events mentioned. Search coin rolls that was picked up that morning. Getting late time to relax, get your favorite adult beverage and watch some tv.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a RV across the country with some of my hunting buddies and metal detect every small town park, every abandoned house, old empty lots, ghost towns, or anything that just looks interesting to hunt.
Come home 3 months later and plan another trip on a different route.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan, but it looks to me like my 'retirement' will begin (and end) with a bunch of folks dressed up nice walkin past lookin down at me sayin' "Don't he look natural?".

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been retired, and the sad news is your mind tells you that you are good to go, but your body lets you down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread