Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had mailed a package back in Dec. About two weeks passed and I received an envelope in the mail from USPS. Inside the envelope was the torn off top that belonged to my package. It also contained instructions on how to handle the claim. It also said to take the document to the local post office for reimbursement of Postage. First thing I did was make a copy of the document. I filled out the document and mailed to HQ in Ga. I never heard from Hq USPS Ga, did not expect to. Well after some time waiting time I took the document to the post office. I was really expecting a big run a round. I walked up the clerk and explained what I had. Clerk reviewed the document and opened a drawer and pulled out a piece of paper said to fill out the top part and sign. I gave the paper back to the clerk, he did his part and said we owe you x number of dollars. Opened the cash drawer and paid me. Even though the stuff I mailed got ripped off I was impressed how the USPS held up its part of reimbursing me the postage with out any problems.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should go play the lottery today while you are at it!

Was it insured?

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
Maybe you should go play the lottery today while you are at it!

Was it insured?

I agree if I can win one or break even with the USPS then lady luck may be on my side. Not insured, the item was not that expensive.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so lucky. My husband mailed me the remote key for the SUV in Dec. - priority pkg. Needless to say it was torn open & no key, with a plastic bag around it saying "Sorry for the damage". I go get an estimate from the car dealer to replace the key- a whopping $352.48 and then went to the P.O to file a claim. And after waiting in line for 20 minutes the clerk tells me to call the 800 number. For 2 weeks everyday I called, and being put on hold and when I finally got to talk to a person, each and every time I was told "that part of our system is down- call back". After a 2 week period a person over the phone tells me I can file online. I did and still have not heard a word. So I guess I need to go back to the main P.O. and just put my foot down (or up) to get this taken care of. Good Grief..... What a headache....

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lady Pirate said:
You are so lucky. My husband mailed me the remote key for the SUV in Dec. - priority pkg. Needless to say it was torn open & no key, with a plastic bag around it saying "Sorry for the damage". I go get an estimate from the car dealer to replace the key- a whopping $352.48 and then went to the P.O to file a claim. And after waiting in line for 20 minutes the clerk tells me to call the 800 number. For 2 weeks everyday I called, and being put on hold and when I finally got to talk to a person, each and every time I was told "that part of our system is down- call back". After a 2 week period a person over the phone tells me I can file online. I did and still have not heard a word. So I guess I need to go back to the main P.O. and just put my foot down (or up) to get this taken care of. Good Grief..... What a headache....

Was this during the Holidays? I had a tracking number on my package so I know where or how far it went. I did not get reimbursed the cost of the item (was not insured) just the cost of the postage. I am surprised that you did not get instructions on how to file a cliam with the correct paperwork. Just contact the Post Master Generals office, like trying to contact the president you will get some response. Always go to the highest authority, I alway do. I stay away from middle management since they are overloaded with work from those who don't know how and those who think they are to important to deal with anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread