This stinks Im unemployed - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: This stinks I'm unemployed

sucks
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30274 times

Best of luck Bob, truly wish I could help you.

I worked for General Telephone for 15.5 years, quit them and went to work for company called Wiltel owned by Williams Gas and Pipe, worked for them for 6 years and Wiltel was bought by company called LDDS, they formed a new company called, now get this.........WorldCom

Worked for them for total of 16 years for WorldCom and was hurt on the job one day and laid off 30 days later . While I was getting ready for surgery, the scandal broke with WorldCom, and by the time I was able to move as much $ as I could, I had lost a measley $150k, my retirement, and I had planned to retire early, oops too late now.

Went to work for another company after surgery and was laid off after 6 months, took 8 months to find another job, and was laid off from it after 9 months. Workmens Comp sent me to school for a 18 month course as they said they could make the former insurance company for Worldcom pay me to go to school. Exactly one year later to the day that insurance company stop my checks, even though the school was not finished.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    This aint no damn flea circus!!!

Mar 2006
    Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Eastern Idaho!
    Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
    16 times

That realy sucks Bob, I was laid off for two months, was called back as a "consultant" 3 weeks ago but its only temporary. I just signed a contract for another week (60 hrs) today. I get to look forward to unemployment checks again very soon, just as the snow is about to fly. Sucks lookin fer work in 2 foot of snow. Hang in there, things will work themselves out & you'll land an even better job soon. Realy.......
    "Agitate! Agitate! Ought to be the motto of every reformer. Agitation is the opposite of stagnation...... one is life, the other death."
    -Ernestine L. Rose-

us
    Apr 2006
    The Great State of Louisiana
    P.O.S.
    8 times

I'm outta work too, but have been on quite a few interviews this week so hopefully...

I know it sucks. I've been out of work twice this year. One job relocated and the other had to let me go after only three months because of budget problems.

My fingers are crossed I'll land something with the state. The pay kinda sucks but there is more job security. Hang in there and good luck.

Jul 2006
    Mountains
    21 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Yep not working sure does suck. Lookin hard myself.

Mar 2006

Hang in there!
    Lost my job pfizer in may. Worked for them 27 years. Reorganization eliminated my job. Just try to relax and don't feel guilty about your wife working. Look for jobs in the morning and MD in the afternoon. Don' give up hope, something always comes around.
    Best of luck, PFP

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3974 times

Hang in there and keep looking. Your not the only one that is hurting from neighbors buying foriegn cars and putting auto worker out of jobs. The auto workers used to shop and use other services which employ others that also don't shop American which comes around to help get you laid off.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

shreddah

Ive been unemployed since Jan. 2006 because of mental health issues. Im bipolar and they cant seem to find a medication that helps. arrrgggghhh! but anyways... Im on disability now. its not much but it gets me by. I have had some luck on craigslist though. so if your area has a craigslist they have decent jobs sections. and you can also post your resume' on there so that prospective employers can see it and contact you.

Good Luck

Sep 2006
    2 times

Shreddah,and everybody,I know times are hard,but if we all stick together,thing will get better,may take awhile,but hang tough. And for the people that won't hire us,well.that's their loss.
    papa
                    South West Virginia

shreddah

hopefully ill find some good MD finds and get some decent money for them theres always hope in that. hehe. if I could survive of MDing alone Id seriously do it. hehehe.

but outta all my hobbies Im surviving day to day. need to start doing some stained glass again. that makes good money.

us
    Wolfpack Life Member

Mar 2005
    Stephens City, Virginia
    Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by shreddah
    Ive been unemployed since Jan. 2006 because of mental health issues. Im bipolar and they cant seem to find a medication that helps. arrrgggghhh! but anyways... Im on disability now. its not much but it gets me by. I have had some luck on craigslist though. so if your area has a craigslist they have decent jobs sections. and you can also post your resume' on there so that prospective employers can see it and contact you.

Good Luck
    I have 2 daughters, shreddah. One is 9, she is with me, I'm a single dad. My oldest, Aimee, is 29 and bipolar. I know what it's like to be seeing a loved one going thru so much toment. She's a great person and has helped herself by working for herself. She is truly a success.

My prayer is for you to obtain such success. Your stained glass biz sounds really cool.

GO FOR IT!!!!

DM

shreddah

Quote Originally Posted by Digginman

Good Luck
    I have 2 daughters, shreddah. One is 9, she is with me, I'm a single dad. My oldest, Aimee, is 29 and bipolar. I know what it's like to be seeing a loved one going thru so much toment. She's a great person and has helped herself by working for herself. She is truly a success.

My prayer is for you to obtain such success. Your stained glass biz sounds really cool.

GO FOR IT!!!!

DM
    Thanks. its always nice to know that theres other people out there who go through the same things. I havent left my house much in the past 7 months because I just get so anxious and paniced. but im on new meds and so far they are helping but not all the way yet. i go in phases of feeling good and then not feeling good. like i say. its a one day at a time disorder. I just gotta wake up and take each day at a time instead of struggling for the future.

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    257 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Good Luck
    Thanks

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.... i WON'T GET DOWN ABOUT IT UNTILL I START TO WORRY ABOUT IT.....NOT YET THOUGH

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

Sep 2006
    Washington state
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

I work in IT and in that field I've seen very few full time employees (that weren't suits) get hired off the street. Most of us started as contractors from temp agencies. You might try the same approach.

Now that most consumer goods are made in China (I should have bought a Garrett) the various transportation industries are crying for workers to help ship the stuff- railroads and trucking companies. Truck drivers get Teamsters scale, which doesn't suck at all. RR workers get paid well too, but can expect to have to work a lot of nights & weekends for about 10 years.

Once I saw the worst job: a fry-cook at a McDonald's in a Walmart. I think I'd rather panhandle.

shreddah

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus
    Once I saw the worst job: a fry-cook at a McDonald's in a Walmart. I think I'd rather panhandle.

I thought the same thing when I saw people working at the mickey d's in our walmart and i wondered...."is that where you go after you apply at a regular mcdonalds and they wont even hire you??"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links