Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This stinks I'm unemployed

Hang in there and keep looking. Your not the only one that is hurting from neighbors buying foriegn cars and putting auto worker out of jobs. The auto workers used to shop and use other services which employ others that also don't shop American which comes around to help get you laid off.

S

shreddah

Ive been unemployed since Jan. 2006 because of mental health issues. Im bipolar and they cant seem to find a medication that helps. arrrgggghhh! but anyways... Im on disability now. its not much but it gets me by. I have had some luck on craigslist though. so if your area has a craigslist they have decent jobs sections. and you can also post your resume' on there so that prospective employers can see it and contact you.

Good Luck :-\ :) ;)

papa

Sep 21, 2006

Shreddah,and everybody,I know times are hard,but if we all stick together,thing will get better,may take awhile,but hang tough. And for the people that won't hire us,well.that's their loss. ;D

S

shreddah

hopefully ill find some good MD finds and get some decent money for them ;) theres always hope in that. hehe. if I could survive of MDing alone Id seriously do it. hehehe.

but outta all my hobbies Im surviving day to day. :) need to start doing some stained glass again. that makes good money.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

shreddah said:
Ive been unemployed since Jan. 2006 because of mental health issues. Im bipolar and they cant seem to find a medication that helps. arrrgggghhh! but anyways... Im on disability now. its not much but it gets me by. I have had some luck on craigslist though. so if your area has a craigslist they have decent jobs sections. and you can also post your resume' on there so that prospective employers can see it and contact you.

I have 2 daughters, shreddah. One is 9, she is with me, I'm a single dad. My oldest, Aimee, is 29 and bipolar. I know what it's like to be seeing a loved one going thru so much toment. She's a great person and has helped herself by working for herself. She is truly a success.

My prayer is for you to obtain such success. Your stained glass biz sounds really cool.

GO FOR IT!!!!

DM

S

shreddah

Digginman said:
shreddah said:

I have 2 daughters, shreddah. One is 9, she is with me, I'm a single dad. My oldest, Aimee, is 29 and bipolar. I know what it's like to be seeing a loved one going thru so much toment. She's a great person and has helped herself by working for herself. She is truly a success.

My prayer is for you to obtain such success. Your stained glass biz sounds really cool.

GO FOR IT!!!!

DM

Thanks. its always nice to know that theres other people out there who go through the same things. I havent left my house much in the past 7 months because I just get so anxious and paniced. but im on new meds and so far they are helping but not all the way yet. i go in phases of feeling good and then not feeling good. like i say. its a one day at a time disorder. I just gotta wake up and take each day at a time instead of struggling for the future.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shreddah said:

Thanks

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.... i WON'T GET DOWN ABOUT IT UNTILL I START TO WORRY ABOUT IT.....NOT YET THOUGH

Shamus

Sep 27, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

I work in IT and in that field I've seen very few full time employees (that weren't suits) get hired off the street. Most of us started as contractors from temp agencies. You might try the same approach.

Now that most consumer goods are made in China (I should have bought a Garrett) the various transportation industries are crying for workers to help ship the stuff- railroads and trucking companies. Truck drivers get Teamsters scale, which doesn't suck at all. RR workers get paid well too, but can expect to have to work a lot of nights & weekends for about 10 years.

Once I saw the worst job: a fry-cook at a McDonald's in a Walmart. I think I'd rather panhandle.

S

shreddah

Shamus said:
Once I saw the worst job: a fry-cook at a McDonald's in a Walmart. I think I'd rather panhandle.

:D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

I thought the same thing when I saw people working at the mickey d's in our walmart and i wondered...."is that where you go after you apply at a regular mcdonalds and they wont even hire you??"

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005

HEY DP!!!

Yeah me too. I am in school and want to get something more solid, a skill of my own.

But what has really helped me and in the strangest weirdest way that I can't even imagine is a book that lead me to the website and to a whole new way of thinking. It has made things really shift.

I am not selling anything. It is helping me and I pass it on to you and all the other oddballs that I realize that I am just like :o .

You can download the book for free; dont buy it from some sites who might be trying to sell it. Best to sign up for the course cause that really helps learn it. You can set your own tuition. And if you dont have the money now well believe it or not you can even do it for zero. I paid $10 a month for nine months.

Give it a shot; all you have to loose is your poverty.

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net

Jim

And if ya want you can private message me to ask more.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

um yes bob your poverty ::)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

That does suck :-\ My dad went through the whole simplex/tyco lay-off thing, for months he was dreading it, then one day he got layed-off, luckily he was able to find another similar job but he had to commute further... It's all because of outsourcing, stupid countries should learn what labors worth so they will stop working for cheap and stealing our jobs >:( If i worked for a company for years and they just decided to fired me one day to hire some foreign workers id make em pay :-X

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

IMHO we should require anything (goods or services) provided from outside the US to pay at least 75% of the prevailing wage that would be paid if the work was done here..........

That way, if done at all, outsourcing might do some real good for the people doing the work instead of just for the CEO's and shareholders of the companies that take advantage of near slavery wage rates.

(I'll get off my soap box now)

Diggem'

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006

Well everyone. I am 69 years old with one leg and can say that for over 45 years I have worked for NO ONE.
I suggest that you make a list of all the things you like to do.
Make another list of things that you HATE to do or refuse to do.
My friends I am not wealthy by any means and have never been WELL OFF.
Now make a FINAL list of what you feel you can do the best.
Cross check everything you have listed.
You will see what you should be doing.
REMEMBER there are Government Grants available so all you have to do is apply for one that applies to what you are looking for.
Peg Leg
DO NOT PAY FOR ANY GRANT INFORMATION- ALL THE INFORMATION IS OUT THERE FOR FREE-BUT YOU GOTTA LOOK FOR IT.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey, Des. Get down here to Houston and I'll make ya some grilled veggies, taters w/ fixins, ribs, and whatever to drink.....then we can hit the tot lots for clad so you'll have gas money home.

look forward to seein' ya..... ;D

S

shreddah

Will.Dig.For.Food said:
hey, Des. Get down here to Houston and I'll make ya some grilled veggies, taters w/ fixins, ribs, and whatever to drink.....then we can hit the tot lots for clad so you'll have gas money home.

look forward to seein' ya..... ;D

I want some taters with fixins!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Too bad DP. Wish you luck.

I heard this last week. About 4-5 guys got laid off. So the started a club. The UHOWW, the Unemployed Husbands of Working Wives. The are not looking too hard for work just the two contacts needed for unemployment. The rest of the time they get together and play golf, enjoy the newly opened deer hunting season, fish for Rockfish "Striped bass" here in MD. I was a little jealous. Wouldn,t mind joining if I could afford it.

Ed D.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shreddah said:
hopefully ill find some good MD finds and get some decent money for them ;) theres always hope in that. hehe. if I could survive of MDing alone Id seriously do it. hehehe.

but outta all my hobbies Im surviving day to day. :) need to start doing some stained glass again. that makes good money.

Being out of work can suck big time if you let it get to you. Using your hobbies to make ends meet is an excellent way to go about making it. The stained glass is very cool. I carve bone and do petroglyph rock carvings along with leather work. Here's an idea (for what it's worth) that worked for me on more then one occasion. I got one of those 10 x 10 EZ-ups, a folding table, some leather stamps, etc. and started setting up at little festivals, PowWows and historical events. I concentrated on the kids. "Make your own necklace or key fob". They loved it. I also have a street magic act that I combine with that as well as do on it's own. You work for tips but they pay the bills (most of the time....lol).

There are a number of other things that I also do concerning Powows and Festivals and working them in various combinations at least keeps a roof over the head and food on the table.

Keep your options open, don't let it get you down and all will work out. Good fortune to all.
Deepsix

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)

Yep!!!! DP that does suck. I almost got stung also by the Tyco\ADT sting. I could see the writing on the wall but could not figure out what was going on. I figured I should bail and did and three months later they walked in and fired anyone that was anyone. then shortly after they walked in and fired pretty much all the worker-Bees.
Diggemall what job did you start doing on your own, IE working for your self?
There were a few others that mentioned that they branched out on there own, what were those jobs?
Ive always wanted to just sell Hot Dogs from a hot dog cart. The cart cost anywhere from 2500 to what ever one wants to pay. The hours are great and My wife said not no,,,,but helllllll NO!!!! With a lot of dirty words and stuff. I read somewhere in a mag of course, that a guy quit his suit job in NY to run a stand and pulled in 50k a year.
Good Luck DP and hang in there.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread