finding tools you can still use

armadillo66

Jan 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago in a school yard I found a 12 lb sldge hammer head. Clean it up and put a new handle on it and beat stuff for fun and profit.
Two days later I found a Fluke clamp on multi meter. Some park service guy must have lost it out of his bag when they were recently replacing some light fixtures in the park.
I found a sheet metal working compass and a pair of tinsnips laying next to the foundation of an old barn, soaked them in Marvel mystery oil and they are working tools in my tool box.
I have found quite a few sockets, a bucket full of old Model A tools over the years.
Recentl I found a real nice brass garden spray nozzel, much better than what you can buy at the hardware store these days. Cleaned it up and put in a new gasket rubber and it works just fine.
I would love to go work the Boy Scout camp, I bet there are pocket knives a plenty there

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The handle is more than the ax it self ever notice. how was it for the sledge hammer

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As For pocket knives I have never found one that could still be used. I have found a ton of axe heads and hammer heads that I have replaced the handles and sold them. Its a cool part of this hobby if you have the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions