Gold in Puerto Rico

joche26

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I live in Puerto Rico since the day I was born. My intrest in prospecting began when I saw a rock my dad was using as a door stopper which when looked closely you see little specs of gold. imediatley my intrest in the rocks awoke the gold prospector in me, when I ask my dad were he picked up the rock he told me in your grand dads coffee farm. I had to see it to belive it, so he took me to my grand dad farm, he took a rock similar to the one he had and broke it in half (by the way it was very hard to splice the rock in 2 pices) and to my surprise there it was, what i think is gold mixed up with quartz and other minerals which i think is silver.
i did a little research and my dad tells me that in the old days there was a mining industry in the other part of the farm and when he was little all he remebered is the trucks driving away with tons of rocks to be prossesed in the USA. Since the "gold" is hard to sepperate from the rocks, they did that process over there.
Also he told me stories of him findin little nuggets in the streams close to the river that flows thru the farm.

I was looking into a metal detector but im afraid it won't work right since all the rocks there seem to have this "gold" dust in them and Im afraid it would pick up the metal in the rock and not the one in the ground if any.
Any advice will be deeply apreciated!!!

Thanks to all, i know my english isn't up to date but if you have any other questions that you may think it would help identifying my problem, i would be glad to clarify.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Joche XXVI, Somehow, try to get those 'gold flakes' checked to see if they really are gold. They could be Iron Pyrite, also known as "Fool's Gold".

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the story.
Please keep us updated, and
Welcome to TreasureNet.

:headbang: :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
J

joche26

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome!!! :headbang:
So which metal detector do you think is best for my situation?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread