Beach pro?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am heading down to the northern beaches of OBX, North Carolina.....

I'd like to maximize my week treasure hunting, you know?...

I have an ETrac and an F2 that I will be taking down there....

I can grab another detector under $1000, if needed....

Anyone with beach/sand experience know of the best detector that I could grab to run the beach with? More dry sand and maybe light surf, but nothing under water....

I can bang it out in the fields, parks, and deep woods, but have pretty much ZERO experience on the beaches, so any detector advice is appreciated from the experienced....

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey Viddy
sounds like you may want to look into a Fisher CZ3D dual freq. 5 khz. and 15 khz. great on the beach very stable.
Maybe (sandman) will chime in on this one, he knows the beach hunting and woodland detectors is there in N.C. too
Gary G.A.P.metal

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wrote an article for beginning beach hunters, for Lost Treasure magazine. I think it will help you. Read it here http://www.AmericanBeachDetecting.com

Viddy said:
I am heading down to the northern beaches of OBX, North Carolina.....

I'd like to maximize my week treasure hunting, you know?...

I have an ETrac and an F2 that I will be taking down there....

I can grab another detector under $1000, if needed....

Anyone with beach/sand experience know of the best detector that I could grab to run the beach with? More dry sand and maybe light surf, but nothing under water....

I can bang it out in the fields, parks, and deep woods, but have pretty much ZERO experience on the beaches, so any detector advice is appreciated from the experienced....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread