Canada!!!!!!!!!!! Arrowhead hunting and or metal detecting or whatever :)

Moahunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Treasure hunting people I used to post on here but forgot my old password.

im 30 and am pretty keen on getting out and about exploring new territory with the detector with my eyes!!!

So I am moving to Canada for a year and will be In Vancouver for a while and then Ottawa/ other parts of Ontario for the rest of the year until April next year.

My aim is to find an arrow head of some kind be it broken or not and a trade bead also!

If there is any Canadian Treasure hunters that would like to help I would like to hear from you. I have metal detected in The Uk and Australia and of course all over New Zealand. Have found some pretty cool stuff. I really enjoy hearing everyones treasure stories and I wan to meet new people.

thanks people. Ill post some of my finds up when I get time. ;D

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on the Arrow Lakes in B.C. Old ghost towns, lost mines and quite a few arrowheads to be found.

I was out two days ago on the lakeshore and picked up another one.

If you are interested.. let me know

I am about 6-7 hours from Vancouver

OP
OP
M

Moahunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds exciting with Ghost towns and the like. Exploring new areas is always fun!!!!! I will be in touch Im flying into Vancouver on the 6th of april. may stay in the vicinity for a while and now I know there are cool places to visit I might just stay longer!!

;D

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either google ghost towns of the west kootenays.... or find ghost towns and drowned towns of the west kootenays.

you will be amazed at the numbers we have here

ootpik

Nov 28, 2009
Check out the Canadian Metal Detecting forum. There are people from all the provinces and territories on the forum to help you out. oot

OP
OP
M

Moahunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bartholomewroberts said:
Either google ghost towns of the west kootenays.... or find ghost towns and drowned towns of the west kootenays.

you will be amazed at the numbers we have here
Very exciting. thats the kind off stuff I really like

OP
OP
M

Moahunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ootpik said:
Check out the Canadian Metal Detecting forum. There are people from all the provinces and territories on the forum to help you out. oot

Didn't know it existed will find it and see thanks so much!!!!!

anticipater

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2009
my fellow American being CANADIAN I would hope you think there is more to CAN than arrow heads trade beads and eskimos

OP
OP
M

Moahunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anticipater said:
my fellow American being CANADIAN I would hope you think there is more to CAN than arrow heads trade beads and eskimos

yes of course...... there is Moose, beaver, bears and Celine dion!!! :p

Im From New Zealand and the map of the world to me looks like this:
America -Arrowheads
Canada- Trade beads
Egypt- Flint tools
Australia- Opal and artefacts
UK - really old silver and roman stuff

But Seriously, When I go traveling I love exploring and doing all the off beaten paths looking at historic sites and the wildlife. I also have good friends and family both In Canada and the states whom Im coming to visit - Its a really long way!!!!! I just would like to get at least one fossiking trip in and meet some collectors. The main aim for this trip (a year until april 2013) is to work and explore and meet heaps of people. So what do you collect?

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there I hope its not too late.

I live in Vancouver and know a few good spots.. Mm message if still interested:icon_thumright:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too late. Moahunter landed in Vancouver, met a stranger at the airport, was driven to a remote spot and his throat was slit and he was robbed of all valuables and buried in an unmarked grave.

Or not, but he hasn't been back since three weeks after he posted this 4-1/2 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread