bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
I have been sitting here in the frozen waste land of Wisconsin, trying to think of one good thing that comes out of Canada. All I ever hear about is a Cold front of arctic air pushing down out of Canada! Keep ur dam cold air at home!

Our water... our hydro... our oil... All helps to keep you and us warm during òur cold spells` ;D ;D

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
I use canadian water? Nope got plenty. Hydro as in hydro-electric? Nope mines made right here. Now oil. Surely dont want ur pipeline running thru my back yard. But send more of that smooth Canadian whiskey ay, cheaper to buy Crown Royal here than it was in Canada last time I crossed the ditch at Sue St Marrie..

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ur right bcinbucks, the beer is pretty dang good! And ya got some monster bucks n bears up there. Dam forgot bout the huge northern pike as well. Thanx for joggin my memory lots of great things up north!

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
How about Canadian coins? Their coin designers put the U S mint to shame many times over through the years! I started to collect Canadian coins over 40 yrs ago.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
I use canadian water? Nope got plenty. Hydro as in hydro-electric? Nope mines made right here. Now oil. Surely dont want ur pipeline running thru my back yard. But send more of that smooth Canadian whiskey ay, cheaper to buy Crown Royal here than it was in Canada last time I crossed the ditch at Sue St Marrie..

And Rum... we do have some pretty nice rum up this way..

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Rum is good! But come on seriously coins? I mean who calls a dollar a loony? Ok they r shiney but....... And whats with this GST thing? But seriously its all in good fun. Dont want to p!ss ne body off. Cheers!

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
Rum is good! But come on seriously coins? I mean who calls a dollar a loony? Ok they r shiney but....... And whats with this GST thing? But seriously its all in good fun. Dont want to p!ss ne body off. Cheers!

Actually, once you get used to it, the coins are a pretty good idea.... And once you get a good magnet, you find that the one and two dollar coins are attracted to that magnet.. On my best day, I went to a lake and pulled out over $200.00 . In the end, they are less expensive for the mint to make as well..... considering the actual life of the coin. I am actually looking forward to the day we make a $5.00 coin

I will admit the name could use a facelift ;D

As to the GST... or as we call it.. the Gouge and Screw Tax. You could not possibly hate it as much as we do. When it was first introduced, the only people who benefited from it was the Americans... all us Canucks with a reasonable distance to the border, bolted south and bought there.

In the end, many are still heading south to purchase items.. I live a bit too far from the 49th... so I purchase from Amazon or fleabay.

But, what is the sales tax where you live.... And do you have tax on food.... the GST does not apply to food, medicines and medical ... Not defending it... just have to take it in context

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread