Recovery of Relics & Lost Treasure

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Recovery of Relics & Lost Treasure

:coffee2: The current state of affairs in regards to recovery of relics or lost treasure has very little to do with preservation of history, and a great deal to do with greed and acquiring more power. Everywhere one looks, most countries take all or most of what has been found. The finder is now considered lucky in many cases if they are offered a finders fee. How many rare coins do museums need before they have the info needed to say that they produced silver, or gold coins that looked like this. How many graves need to be opened before archaeologists say they were dressed as so, buried in this manner, wore jewelry that looked like this. You and your team after thousands of hours of research managed to track down and find an old wreck, only to have various countries sending in their legal sharks to grab what was long lost till you discovered it. How dare Spain file suit for gold that its armies took by slaughtering individuals and destroying their cultures. Where is the justice in that? If the gold has to be given up, send it to the Governments of the countries where it was stolen from. The Spanish do have records of what occurred back then. Of course, they were the victors, so they portrayed the natives as terrible, uncivilized monsters. How would you have acted if your homeland was invaded? As for history, an uncommonly large mountain of history is being acquired showing that our present understanding of ancient history has enormous holes that present day archaeologists cannot adequately explain. So they put forth documentaries with theories that are hugely biased according to their personal beliefs. Why? Because in truth there was a widespread higher civilization that existed thousands of years prior to anything we ever suspected. If one controls relics, treasure recovered, writes the historical articles, then one controls the real power in the world which is free-thinking. If you do not believe what I say, then I tell you to start watching and listening to discovery of temples, remains of cities older that are 13,000 yrs plus in age. The last Ice Age was retreating 12,000 yrs plus ago, which means these cities, tombs existed during the time of the Ice Age. Do not be so foolish as to reveal what you have found, for those that will come forward with their legal sharks are the real thieves, they will come to take what you have found, so the rich and powerful will become more so!

Conch1

Feb 7, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Quickdraw II, Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Recovery of Relics & Lost Treasure

I think if Odyssey has to give that silver back to Spain because of politics it should be dropped back where it was found. Spain should pay a fee for the recovery or go get it themselves!

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if i had to give it back i would put it back where i found it. they can find it

armadillo66

Jan 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After our illustrious government allowed crooked banks and mortgage companies to steal from us without any recourse, I now have a new motto when dealing with my finds of value while treasure hunting
N U N Y A B I Z N E S S

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't see where Spain or any other country has any claim to any of this treasure. They took it from the New World and the natives. I think if they wanted it they should have gone and found it themselves!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Most of the goodies I find come from my back yard. Frank

OP
OP
-Gold Duster Dave

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

:coffee2: What I want to know is how can treasure/artifacts found in international waters be claimed by any country? Does this mean that governmental powers exist beyond recognized waters? Do they apply because you are a citizen of a certain country? Does anyone really believe that Spain wants the gold for the historical value? Or is it really because the countries have bigger guns, and more of them than the finders do, that the real thieves step forward with their attorneys who will keep you wrapped up in legal red tape until your are dead flat broke? ... As far as history, has anyone wondered why we are now uncovering temples, ruins of cities that predate the accepted norm for how long ago man had civilized cultures upon this rock, why is none of it being revealed by our so-called archeologists? What about the search for truth? Carbon dating has a fairly constant measurable value, it is the accepted normal dating system for determining the age of something. These ruins are not just being found in one place. This is not substance from X-files or the such, but is a scientific fact! I have been waiting for the reveal for some time now. But all I hear is silence on the fact. Why? Because it does not fit the common theory held by prevailing archeologists of this time. Wake up folks! We are only being told what power centers of the world want us to know. Keep what you find to yourself. To thy own self be true, for if you are waiting for this country or any other to give you a break, you are simply playing the part of a fool!

OP
OP
-Gold Duster Dave

-Gold Duster Dave

Nov 5, 2011
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

:coffee2: I live in the state of Michigan. One has to go no further to obtain evidence of Governmental greed, and excessive laws. Dredging is not allowed in the state unless on privately owned waters. So, you can pan for Gold on State lands, but can keep no more than one-half ounce of fine gold per person, per year. Is it any wonder most individuals go to other states to pan for gold, or dredge as a hobby? Again, it is very clear the state intends to tightly control treasure hunters. Question: Would you report to them how much you found?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Like I said, most of the stuff I find comes from my back yard. Frank

PS The problem with Odyssey is they have a radical archie on board! That is required by law.
They lost their appeal. If I was them, I would put an extremely large storage charge on the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread