detecting farm

whitesunset

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am new to forum, but have always loved to read them for tips. I have a late 1800's farmhouse that is on our property that to my knowledge has never been detected except by me for the last 9 years. I have used 4 different detectors over the years but no luck except to find a wheat penny here and there. Is there a good reason why I haven't found any old coins etc..I try to do all the right things, but it's as if nothings there. Yesterday tho I did find a diamond back rattler around 4-5 inches around and at least 5-6 feet long (absolutely the truth) and that ended my search. Any help appreciated. Have fun hunting....... :BangHead:

Attachments

• p-5436.jpg
    p-5436.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 525

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check everywhere. Kind of cold for snake. was he sunbathing,being as cold as it was I dont think he would of been too motivated.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If there is an old apple orchard try there kids spilled their pockets climbing the trees and the apple pickers riped old buttons off their coats.
Thanks Gary

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, what kind of machines have you been using? I know a lot of people disagree with me and say if you put your coil over it, you will find it, but that's just not true. If that were true, parks would have been hunted out 20 years ago.

Second, some yards just don't have much in them. I've hunted yards with hundreds of coins and 10+ silver and other yards that you can't get a single wheat penny out of. It's just random luck of the draw when it comes to yards.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know how much discrimination you're using. But, don't use too much of it. I usually dig everything above iron on old homesites. Also, start digging those iffy signals.

-Swartzie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread