Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I am a WWII buff and I can't remember posting in the WWII forum for some reason. I watch everything about WWII on The History Channel and my wife gets mad at me. She says ,"You already know who won, so why do you like watching it so much? I have tried to explain but she just don't get it.The truth of the matter is, my Dad was there and I keep hoping I will see him on one of the old films, but so far I haven't. He was with the field artillery and went into Normandy two days after the beach head was established. He was part of a crew on a motorized self propelled 155mm howitzer cannon. There weren't that many of them around in that caliber. Most of them were 105mm and the 155 was more of a test and evaluation group. It was essentially a tank chasis with the gun mounted to one side. It pulled a trailer with ammo, spare parts and the men's personal equipment. Most of the crew members were assigned an M1 carbine and the officers had Colt .45 automatic pistols. Dad said one crewman had an M1 Garand sniper rifle that was used for counter sniper use. He said the guy with the sniper rifle got killed by a sniper just days before they shipped back to England. Oh, I forgot, they also had a .50 cal machine gun mounted in the turret with the cannon. He said the machine gun guy shot down two Messerschimdts with the 50 cal. They went in at Normandy, was in the Battle of the Ardane and the Battle of the Bulge before going on into Germany. Many nights I stayed up late and heard my Dad and his old Army pal talk about the war. That's the only time he would ever talk about it. Most of the time he said it was too upsetting to talk about. Mom said he would pace the floor on nights a thunder storm was building because it reminded him of the guns booming and the explosions of the war. Mainly he said he was just cold, wet and hungry all the time and there was nothing glorious about war. Monty

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
4Nines said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I hate to complain because Im apparently no longer a Charter Member but my PMs are slow as molassas. (spel chck) I donated my time to help members on the WII forum for over 6 years and 20,000 posts but it seems many old members are no longer posting or are no longer here. :dontknow:

Im sure there will be a little transitional period and some of us need to get over the shock, even though we knew it was coming some day.. I already noticed some improvements. I wish you the best and I hope you can keep TN on top. Its the members that are most important IMO esp the old regulars. Of course attracting new members are the future... I can only speak for the WII forum I frequent but boy we had a great team because we attracted the best..

Do you know if your membership has expired? It system is automated and should updated accordingly.

The site overall loads really fast for me and is on a new and very beefy server. I would be strange for just PM's themselves to be slow.

We're working hard on making sure this remains the best forum on the web and we will continue to roll out new updates, features and keep up with the times :)
I dont remember when it was last updated, or how, but obviously it has expired. I think TN is way above every other forum and Im sure you will keep it there.

It seems that some members are gone but it may be coincidence or my imagination. :dontknow:

I dont know why PMs are slow. Im assuming its because Im a non charter member and this I can understand. Or maybe its my computer. :dontknow:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4Nines said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I hate to complain because Im apparently no longer a Charter Member but my PMs are slow as molassas. (spel chck) I donated my time to help members on the WII forum for over 6 years and 20,000 posts but it seems many old members are no longer posting or are no longer here. :dontknow:

Im sure there will be a little transitional period and some of us need to get over the shock, even though we knew it was coming some day.. I already noticed some improvements. I wish you the best and I hope you can keep TN on top. Its the members that are most important IMO esp the old regulars. Of course attracting new members are the future... I can only speak for the WII forum I frequent but boy we had a great team because we attracted the best..

Do you know if your membership has expired? It system is automated and should updated accordingly.

The site overall loads really fast for me and is on a new and very beefy server. I would be strange for just PM's themselves to be slow.

We're working hard on making sure this remains the best forum on the web and we will continue to roll out new updates, features and keep up with the times :)

BCH - In your Profile it says it expired on Feb 03, 2012, 08:55:00 pm. As far as I know there isn't a reminder sent out or anything, it just expires, at least speaking historically.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
DigginThePast said:
BCH - In your Profile it says it expired on Feb 03, 2012, 08:55:00 pm. As far as I know there isn't a reminder sent out or anything, it just expires, at least speaking historically.
OK thanks. It just coincidence that it came at a time of new ownership.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
DigginThePast said:
OK thanks. It just coincidence that it came at a time of new ownership.

Probably the case. Have to figure there would be some expiring around that time, and yours is the only post that I've seen with that potential issue.

digsomemore

Oct 12, 2011
south carolina
Detector(s) used
White's classic SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: welcome john & Doug hope yall enjoy T- net as much as we do you see that there for some good people Here and helpful as to can tell so get up the good work I know yall can do it and thanks for keeping it going .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome John and Scott to Tresurenet, best treasure site on the net....You bought it but welcome still....LOL

I have been an ardent supporter for over 6 years, charter member for over 6 years, anything I can do to help in any way you have my IM.....

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the new owners from an "old regular." :thumbsup:

As I'm sure you have noticed, the Real treasure of this forum are its members.

Best Wishes to You,

-Buckleboy

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Monty said:
Dang, I am a WWII buff and I can't remember posting in the WWII forum for some reason.
I was referring to the WII Forum (What Is It) I dont know if we have a WWII Forum but it sounds like a good idea. :icon_thumright:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
4Nines said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I dont remember when it was last updated, or how, but obviously it has expired. I think TN is way above every other forum and Im sure you will keep it there.

It seems that some members are gone but it may be coincidence or my imagination. :dontknow:

I dont know why PMs are slow. Im assuming its because Im a non charter member and this I can understand. Or maybe its my computer. :dontknow:

Like with any hobby or interest, people come and go and the motivation to continue on changes overtime. I'm sure they will be back and we're here to make sure that the site does a good job of luring them back in :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Could you tell us the new process for getting the banner finds under the Avatar, I noticed that all the current banner finds have not gone under any of the finders avatar? thanks

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Hi,

Could you tell us the new process for getting the banner finds under the Avatar, I noticed that all the current banner finds have not gone under any of the finders avatar? thanks

We're currently working that issue, a glitch somewhere in the system. As soon as it is fixed properly all banner finds & honorable mentions will have the appropriate banner added.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is a posting problem. I tried to post 3 times on Ray SS picture post in Everything Else . I hit post and nothing happened. The long block at the bottom said starting=0 Frank

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
There is a posting problem. I tried to post 3 times on Ray SS picture post in Everything Else . I hit post and nothing happened. The long block at the bottom said starting=0 Frank

This sounds like an issue with the old software that the site is running. We're currently working on update the site to the newest software so that we don't run into these issues in the future. Please hang tight as we should have the upgrade done here shortly.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
CRUSADER said:
Hi,

We're currently working that issue, a glitch somewhere in the system. As soon as it is fixed properly all banner finds & honorable mentions will have the appropriate banner added.
:icon_thumright:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the New Moderators, & thanks to Marc for giving folks a great place to post finds, make friends, educate, & learn about our great hobbies. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Glad to see this thread, and welcome in,, Don't think you Can hunt Lake Travis though.. better Check it out first,,, Wed Hate to have to bail the new owners out of jail. ;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'moring Gentlemen: Shall we have :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: in the patio where we can relax in the warm morning sun and watch the Humming birds play in the fountain?

I hope that we will have as warm and intimate a relationship as I have had with Marc.

I do wish that you would clear up a point for me, on your present and future intention with the posts and pictures in here.

I am particulary interested, since many of my posts on Tayopa were for the enjoyment and ongoing
active 'participation' of the members, not for the general Public. However, I do know that many are in the public domain now, since one only has to type 'Tayopa' in any search engine. This is in accord with TN using them for publicity, without infringing upon ©®@ rights.

Gracias

Don Jose de La Mancha

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Welcome aboard John and Doug.
Thank you Marc.

One small request: lower the standard for entry into the chatroom. :blob7:

Tnet is wonderful. As far as "copyrighted " material, can I post it if I wrote it and included it in a book?
I do give myself permission, but since it is copyrighted and posted it should not be reproduced without the authors permission. If I find any of my exact versions of stories published elsewhere, like in magazines I would be mad. Of course nobody owns a story. As a storyteller one has to realize that you only own your "version" of a story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread