Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bounty Hunter® Tracker IV™ Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Bounty Hunter® Tracker IV™ Metal Detector

Hello all! I was wondering what your feelings where on the Bounty Hunter® Tracker IV™ Metal Detector?
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

us
    Apr 2011
    Ohio
    Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
    185 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: Bounty Hunter® Tracker IV™ Metal Detector

I just recently found my first silver with this machine, found a lot of clad with it, I can't complain with this machine. Going to upgrade to an ace 250, but overall the bounty hunter IV is a pretty good beginner machine just doesn't have a pin point feature lol

us
    Dec 2011
    West of the Mississippi
    Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
    305 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

For the price a great Machine. The tone mode makes it very easy to ignore pull tabs. Its what I use. You cannot go wrong. Check what I have posted since i got on this website. PB
    Respect the research and permissions of others...Seriously...

us
    Dec 2009
    Rockingham County, NC
    E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
    1 times

My first detector was a IV .. I found lots of Silver with it..I also found a Colt Pistol with it one time.. It is very light weight,simple to use and pinpoints dead on..Get you a pair of headphones and those 2-- 9v batteries will go a long time...

Scott
    " He who says he can, and he who says he cant, are both right"

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2099 times

The Bounty Hunter line up are basic MD's with people always wanting to upgrade to a better detector after a short time. They have they're place as entry level units for the money. They are better than those China units that can't find a metal garbage can lid under a newspaper sheet. You just need to get your coil over a good target to have fun.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

mts
    us
    May 2009
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    5 times

Hands down, for the money, the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is the best machine you can get. Again.... for the money that is. You can pick one up at Hobby Lobby for $60 after using their 40% off online coupon (top of the page).

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...tector-847012/

With all of that said, the biggest problem with the Tracker IV is that it is not a very deep machine. Respectable, but not great. If the targets you want to find are in the top 6" of ground then you will do well with this machine. If not, you will find yourself wanting to upgrade. The discriminatin on this machine is top notch and it is very light. So for $60 you really can't go wrong. I've since upgraded but I still use this machine for sorting copper pennies and as a backup for other people who want to go along.

Here is a video of me sorting copper cents with mine. This video shows why the two tone discrimination is such a nice feature.

For the price, everyone should have one, or two, or three.

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

How does it compare to the Garrett Ace 250?
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

us
    Mar 2008
    Jackson, MI
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Also, what would be a better deal to go with, the Tracker 4 or the Quick Silver?

us
    May 2008
    Virginia
    Tesoro
    4 times

It's a good detector. Bounty Hunters are noted for their amazing depth range. They aren't good with discriminating and false signals, but if you want depth, these are the ones to use.

However the Quick Silver is way better. I found all of my very best finds with the BH - QS. I found a Mercury dime in my farm field at 9 inches which was amazing. That is hard to do for other detectors. I highly recommend the QS. I kept mine for 4 years before selling it to pay for a different one. I am going to buy it back again, I loved it.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    [size=12pt]Proud to be Straight Edge[/SIZE]

us
    Dec 2010
    Pike County Kentucky
    Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
    6 times
    Relic Hunting

Got one, use it as a backup, and I have to say it surprised me as too how good of a coin machine this little booger is!!!!
    Relicminer

us
    May 2009
    Mercer county, Pa
    Whites, XLT & V3i, Garrett Pro Pointer
    63 times

Glad to hear this about this machine. One of the bartenders at our local VFW ( a female friend of both my wife and I ) got one of these with her bonus points on her credit card for next to nothing. She is all excited for nice weather to get out and try it, I`m hoping she has some nice finds so she doesn`t lose interest in this hobby.

us
    Jul 2010
    New Hampshire USA
    Fisher F70
    43 times
    Metal Detecting

I have to agree with the depth of a BH detector. I use a Land Star and I've dug some ungodly deep targets.

Below is a V nickle that I found at over 14". (No that's not a type-o)

us
    May 2008
    Virginia
    Tesoro
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by SeaninNH
    I have to agree with the depth of a BH detector. I use a Land Star and I've dug some ungodly deep targets.

Below is a V nickle that I found at over 14". (No that's not a type-o)
    I agree, I found a Mercury Dime in a farm field at 9 - 10 inches. Also there was a huge tree root I am talking a foot wide, and got a big strong signal on it, I dug a large hole around and under it, and like 8 inches under ground was a beautiful belt silver buckle that was still like new and usable, very old. The BH actually went through that huge thick root.

us
    May 2008
    lakelinden mi
    MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
    321 times

I don't think so, you better do a better job on your recovery. A nickle 14 inches, I don't think so, I used one off them,and I don't think that detector is that good..nice try. I bet it don't air test no 14 "...not to call you a lair, but you should find more than one coin at that dept.

...liftloop....................
    I hate to discriminate but some times you have too!

us
    May 2008
    Virginia
    Tesoro
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by liftloop
    I don't think so, you better do a better job on your recovery. A nickle 14 inches, I don't think so, I used one off them,and I don't think that detector is that good..nice try. I bet it don't air test no 14 "...not to call you a lair, but you should find more than one coin at that dept.
    Air test will get less depth. Metal, coins, etc create a halo effect in the ground, allowing your depth range to go deeper. Air testing is really bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors