Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just recently found my first silver with this machine, found a lot of clad with it, I can't complain with this machine. Going to upgrade to an ace 250, but overall the bounty hunter IV is a pretty good beginner machine just doesn't have a pin point feature lol

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For the price a great Machine. The tone mode makes it very easy to ignore pull tabs. Its what I use. You cannot go wrong. Check what I have posted since i got on this website. PB

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was a IV .. I found lots of Silver with it..I also found a Colt Pistol with it one time.. It is very light weight,simple to use and pinpoints dead on..Get you a pair of headphones and those 2-- 9v batteries will go a long time...

Scott

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bounty Hunter line up are basic MD's with people always wanting to upgrade to a better detector after a short time. They have they're place as entry level units for the money. They are better than those China units that can't find a metal garbage can lid under a newspaper sheet. You just need to get your coil over a good target to have fun.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands down, for the money, the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is the best machine you can get. Again.... for the money that is. You can pick one up at Hobby Lobby for $60 after using their 40% off online coupon (top of the page).

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/tracker-iv-metal-detector-847012/

With all of that said, the biggest problem with the Tracker IV is that it is not a very deep machine. Respectable, but not great. If the targets you want to find are in the top 6" of ground then you will do well with this machine. If not, you will find yourself wanting to upgrade. The discriminatin on this machine is top notch and it is very light. So for $60 you really can't go wrong. I've since upgraded but I still use this machine for sorting copper pennies and as a backup for other people who want to go along.

Here is a video of me sorting copper cents with mine. This video shows why the two tone discrimination is such a nice feature.

For the price, everyone should have one, or two, or three. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does it compare to the Garrett Ace 250?

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, what would be a better deal to go with, the Tracker 4 or the Quick Silver?

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
It's a good detector. Bounty Hunters are noted for their amazing depth range. They aren't good with discriminating and false signals, but if you want depth, these are the ones to use.

However the Quick Silver is way better. I found all of my very best finds with the BH - QS. I found a Mercury dime in my farm field at 9 inches which was amazing. That is hard to do for other detectors. I highly recommend the QS. I kept mine for 4 years before selling it to pay for a different one. I am going to buy it back again, I loved it.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got one, use it as a backup, and I have to say it surprised me as too how good of a coin machine this little booger is!!!! :icon_thumleft:

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear this about this machine. One of the bartenders at our local VFW ( a female friend of both my wife and I ) got one of these with her bonus points on her credit card for next to nothing. She is all excited for nice weather to get out and try it, I`m hoping she has some nice finds so she doesn`t lose interest in this hobby.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to agree with the depth of a BH detector. I use a Land Star and I've dug some ungodly deep targets.

Below is a V nickle that I found at over 14". (No that's not a type-o)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
SeaninNH said:
I have to agree with the depth of a BH detector. I use a Land Star and I've dug some ungodly deep targets.

Below is a V nickle that I found at over 14". (No that's not a type-o)

I agree, I found a Mercury Dime in a farm field at 9 - 10 inches. Also there was a huge tree root I am talking a foot wide, and got a big strong signal on it, I dug a large hole around and under it, and like 8 inches under ground was a beautiful belt silver buckle that was still like new and usable, very old. The BH actually went through that huge thick root.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so, you better do a better job on your recovery. A nickle 14 inches, I don't think so, I used one off them,and I don't think that detector is that good..nice try. I bet it don't air test no 14 "...not to call you a lair, but you should find more than one coin at that dept.

...liftloop....................

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
liftloop said:
I don't think so, you better do a better job on your recovery. A nickle 14 inches, I don't think so, I used one off them,and I don't think that detector is that good..nice try. I bet it don't air test no 14 "...not to call you a lair, but you should find more than one coin at that dept.

Air test will get less depth. Metal, coins, etc create a halo effect in the ground, allowing your depth range to go deeper. Air testing is really bad.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 to 2 inches on a halo-ow can't be more than that.

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son just got the tracker4 for his birthday. He's been out with it once and has dug some pretty good clad at decent depths but he's only been out once. Were going again this weekend but I'm impressed for 95$ on amazon. I have the 505 which I love too! I'll admit I would like to have the best of the best but this is whats in my budget and this is what I have.

You mentioned the Garrett 250 above well obviously that is better then the tracker4 but its also 110$ more.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
jibb said:
My son just got the tracker4 for his birthday. He's been out with it once and has dug some pretty good clad at decent depths but he's only been out once. Were going again this weekend but I'm impressed for 95$ on amazon. I have the 505 which I love too! I'll admit I would like to have the best of the best but this is whats in my budget and this is what I have.

You mentioned the Garrett 250 above well obviously that is better then the tracker4 but its also 110$ more.

I buy, test and then resell detectors. Hold onto your BH detectors, use as a back up unit when you upgrade. The best detector I've used so far is the Tesoro Silver Umax. With a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong. This is the best detector I've reviewed yet and it got a perfect 5 stars from everyone else.
The ACE 250 got pretty poor reviews, it was decent in some things, and horrible in others.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
jibb said:

I buy, test and then resell detectors. Hold onto your BH detectors, use as a back up unit when you upgrade. The best detector I've used so far is the Tesoro Silver Umax. With a lifetime warranty you can't go wrong. This is the best detector I've reviewed yet and it got a perfect 5 stars from everyone else.
The ACE 250 got pretty poor reviews, it was decent in some things, and horrible in others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread