who owns the land?

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
I'm still new to mding and I've spent all my time in one park (about 50+hrs), I started searching for new spots and came across a field with two very old little houses next to each other in the center of the field. It looks like a good spot both the houses are boarded up and the grass had been recently mowed. So my question is how do I go about finding out who owns the property so I can ask their permission to hunt it?
Thanks, WW

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
MOst sure-fire way is to note the location relative to an intersection and/or other "mappable" landmarks, then head over to the county office in charge of property / tax records. They should have plat books that delineate parcels to a key number and cross-references to tell you who owns it and where they should be able to be contacted.

Another option, if your region has an online county or state level GIS mapping service, is to poke around in that site and see if parcel ID info is available online. Do a web search by state, county and GIS mapping" and see what sites you get.

Good Luck

Diggem'

OP
OP
wheres_wheatie

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
wow, thanks I did the search and alot of info. came up. I'm looking through a list of maps now... Thanks again ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions