I am going to request a treasure trove permit in the state of arizona .

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do like those guys off the coasts do when hunting for shipwrecks. Locate the shipwreck.
Find the treasure.
Then you have 2 choices....
#1 keep it and see what happens,
or #2 inform the Government or agencies about what you have the rights to of the trasure that you have 'found'.

I know a few guys who 'Indy hunt' , as we call it. (named after Indiana Jones and sneaking in-and-out of places for treasure). They would be all over that after midnight....LOL

Good luck.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"Locate the shipwreck....."

Viddy, the difference here is, nothing has been "located". "Found" or "located" are being defined by peralta as: "I think I know where some ghost story legend is because I sat in my armchair, thought real hard, and looked at google satellite photos all day long" ::)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing i can say is luck to you.......... And don't tell the Goverment any thing........ They will rob you....

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[mod]
peralta said:
....this wasn't easy, it took research and hundreds of hikes and twenty-five years. The only reason I have located so many I that when I found something in the mountain I would see other markings that I remembered from memory.finding all the markings was great but then I had to break the codes to find the entrances, that was the hardest part.

Research and hikes over 25 years. Not dreams and armchair treasure hunting as is being speculated in this thread.

Nothing wrong with questions but a few of these responses appear to me to be nothing more than mocking; that won't be permitted.

[/mod]

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Good luck getting permission to recover a treasure trove. I know of one well funded particular individual who physically found a treasure trove and has been working to "legally" remove said treasure trove. Last time I checked, it has been over 15 years trying to get it all together. I think he and his partners are having second thoughts about getting involved with government!

OP
OP
P

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you berntout, thank you for your response and I agree with you. I also heard that a salvage crew out of Florida who recovered treasure from a gallon lost in court and it was awarded to Spain.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is in one of the wilderness areas, and it is a mine - be quiet and dig.

If it is in one of the wilderness areas, and it is NOT a mine, then the Treasure Trove law does apply.

It does take forever and a day to even get someone to LOOK at what you've got, and in all these years, I know of only one person who got a Treasure Trove permit.

So, make sure you have all your ducks in a row, be prepared for a long-term fight, and document every single detail BEFORE someone comes out to ever look at it, because, "evidence" has been known to disappear in government offices. (this is the "not a mine" scenario), and, Good Luck.

Beth

PS: Yes, Spain sent planes to come and get it - I think THAT is ridiculous. (imo)

OP
OP
P

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you beth, they are all sealed in mines except one.you both take care of yourselves.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem.

Actually, a treasure that is sealed in a mine is different - it falls in the Treasure Trove arena.

Like, if gold bars were put inside a mine and closed up - you could, conceivably, Treasure Trove the bars, but you would not be allowed to mine
any more ore - where you might run into an issue, is explaining/proving the treasure in stored in the mine, without opening up the mine - which, is
illegal in a Wilderness (falling under "prospecting")- however, if you could "unseal" without moving new earth - then.......possible. Or, if you found definite proof that it had been placed in the mine - you might have a shot.

On a personal note - I personally don't believe "they" have a right to undermine the 1872 mining laws.

Beth

Crazy Old Man

Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
Santee, California
Detector(s) used
"BOUNTY HUNTER"/"TIME RANGER"
Primary Interest:
Other
Peralta Treasure Trove Permit

The only places I know where Peralta treasure may be is Red Mountain and the Freemont Saddle in the Tonto National Forest. There are a couple other places I would consider. I will not mention them. You will need to get a Treasure Trove Permit from the Supervising Ranger of the Tonto National Forest. I tried and never got an answer. The Lost Dutchman Mine was never lost and the Lost Dutchman Mine appears, according to my, to be played out. In Jacob Waltz's words: Kaput! Therefore, no more fools or dreamers need to die searching for it. Sincerely, CRAZY OLD MAN

At this time I have decided to obtain permits to take out twenty separate treasures.I am in contact with Arizona antiquities archaeologists and b.l.m. .I have to find out if its state or federal lands first.I know that many of you may be angry, that im a nut. The reason for filing is so treasurehunters can see how im being treated and if I am rewarded properly.
I am prepared with all my maps, documents and photos to prove my case and I should have no problems. I asked for help from some of you to help guide me and maybe now I can receive suggestions. And advise especially from someone who has gone through this negotiation on treasures. I am going to claim the finding of the peralta treasures, the santamaria treasures, the latin stone maps, stone crosses, the Guadalupe, the planchas de plata mine and the Estrella treasures site.wish me luck because this will show weather you can claim without worrying or know that I was jilted and find that you have to do what you have to do.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Peralta's last post on this thread was more than four years ago. He said he was going to keep us posted on how he did with the BLM etc. Looks to me like he must have bombed out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread