aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

O.K. Guys,
We're having another cookout so all of us with an interest in treasure hunting can get together and share our stories, knowledge, lies, etc. In the past, some good partnerships have evolved and at the very least you can finally put a face to those you've been talking to here on Treasureworks. The big difference this year is that I'm having it at the Pennwood Motor Lodge in Wabasso and I intend to share some of the wealth (expense) with all you guys. This thing has managed to double in size every year and I am a poor treasure hunter on Social Security. I want to see this event continue and grow, but I'm simply not a rich guy, nor can I reach into that basket and keep pulling out the bread, fish and wine, if you know what I mean. I've made arrangements with the manager of the Pennwood to have as many as 25 rooms available for a discounted rate of $60.00 a night. If anybody feels this is too much, just remember that a DUI is over $10,000. I figure it's about what is spent at Outback for dinner.
Now, last year, a few close friends have helped me pull this off. Some took care of the beer the last time, some of the food and some friends that weren't so close, brought stuff. Dell even sponsored a raffle and donated his cool stuff to offset costs. Believe me, I am doing these cookouts because, after 20 some years of being around this bunch of great people, I saw that all we needed was a casual place to get together. The reason I chose the Pennwood is for several reasons. First, some of the original group of 1715 treasure hunter's stayed here, as did I back in the early 90's and have stayed here religiously every time I come down. They have a Pavilion, in case of rain, they have a pool to cool off in and show some of our landlocked TH'rs the beauty of SCUBA. We have a bunch of instructors among our group that can introduce SCUBA to those that are curious. The grounds are all shaded and bottom line, my septic system at my house had just about reached it's limit.LOL.
Now, every group needs a leader. I'll be that person only for the same reason I did it before... Some folks wanted to pick and choose who could attend. I won't stand for personal grudges and petty B.S. As I've stated in the past, anyone interested in treasure hunting is welcome. Leave your grudges at home and enjoy the company we've already experienced in the past. Well, I've got the women waiting for me to take them to Holly & Dolly's, so put April 28th on your calendar. This may be the best chance you'll have to meet all your cronies!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

Wow,

sounds like a good time, when you eat to gather, you bound to gather.and that when friend are really made.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Re: 4th Annual Treasure Hunter's Cookout!

You Bet!
Most of the responses and posts for this thread will be under the "Shipwrecks" section, so if you want to make it all the details will be there. I'll just give occasional updates here.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions